Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Lifetime Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly you are new to Tesla.....this is the norm.

Get used to it.
well, if it is the norm..it should not be! it's a public company & they need to get their act together Elon is very Trumpesq..and that's not good for business...i know my hubs ran a fortune 500 comp. Compliance to Rules & regs make a company vital & successful...as well as integrity & honesty in the market place!!
Flippant attitudes don't help as well

That maybe where you live but that is not the cost at every SC.

This is from the tesla superchaging page:

Supercharging is simple and convenient—just plug in and charge up. Supercharging history is automatically populated in your Tesla Account showing the credits used or, if applicable, the amount billed. Tesla is committed to ensuring that Supercharger will never be a profit center.

United States (per kWh locations)

$ 0.28 per kWh

Looks like on Tesla's site, they are using $0.26 for their comparison pricing.
Newsweek also put out an article just over a year ago saying the supercharger prices were going up everywhere, and it looked like $0.24 - $0.28 was the range.

Yet Tesla promises and crosses their heart that supercharging won't be a money maker....

Curiouser and curiouser

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190824-102114_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190824-102114_Chrome.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 66
Looks like on Tesla's site, they are using $0.26 for their comparison pricing.
Newsweek also put out an article just over a year so saying the supercharger process were going up everywhere, and it looked like $0.24 - $0.28 was the range.

Yet Tesla promises and crossed their heart that supercharging won't be a money maker....

Curiouser and curiouser
See my post just above yours.

I did!

I had no idea they were charging so much until you brought this up. I have solar at home and a HPWC, so I very seldom supercharge. As of now it's still free to me from Tesla.
It's still cheaper than gas, but that's 3X the price I'd be paying the electric company.
Not for profit...... Bah!

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I asked my DS to please send me something...anything to reassure me and that’s when he responded with that quote:

Fast Chg Allowed: Is Allowed

Whatever that means.

Glad you are sorted now, but that quote he sent to you was worthless, it just confirms that your car will allow itself to be fast charged.

With salvage vehicles for example this is one of the things that can get turned off and it then prevents any form of fast charging as a safety feature.

So the statement he gave you was worthless.

Reactions: kavyboy
I did!

I had no idea they were charging so much until you brought this up. I have solar at home and a HPWC, so I very seldom supercharge. As of now it's still free to me from Tesla.
It's still cheaper than gas, but that's 3X the price I'd be paying the electric company.

It was pointed out in another thread that $0.28 is the national average. I checked around Provo and it's only $0.25 per kWh, so way better.;)

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
I did!

Commercial rates are not the same as residential rates.
Tesla very well may be paying those rates at certain superchargers

Reactions: brkaus
Supercharging as a whole is probably a big loss/expense for Tesla. There’s still a lot of S/X cars with FUSC which is a real $$$ cost, plus the build out, upgrades and maintenance of each location. There’s a huge list of planned and in-process new locations.

Add up all the costs (land lease?), permits, environmental reviews, materials, contractors, damage/vandalism and the cost/KWh isn’t really comparable to your residential rate.

Not boosting or bashing here, just fully can believe these paid rates don’t come close to covering the full expense of the still-growing global supercharger network. Per specific site the paid charging may cover the expenses if the site is busy with a lot of paid charging, but there’s a whole lot of sites with infrequent use. I’m in the process of buying a CPO. Would I like to have FUSC, sure, but I’m quite happy to pay towards the ability to road trip rather than have to leave the Tesla at home and be forced to take the ICE for longer trips.

Same for Service not being a profit center. They’re building out new locations including the first here in MS which just opened in June.