Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Pod point charging - interupted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to ‘claim’ Pod-Point charging otherwise you only get 15mins

you can use the app or website
Network-infographic.png

Yes that's good advice. You have to use the app and confirm your charge. All the podpoints have names and right or left charger.

It happened to me once. The app confirmed but still bounced me out. I was watching a football match, so lost 2 hrs of a possible free charge!

I took advantage of the free charger at Tesco in Rugby last weekend when I was there for a conference. The app continually failed to “claim” the charge. I phoned the helpline and was immediately advised to delete and reinstall the app. I got the impression this is a common problem. I did, it worked and I charged from 15% to 90% for free.

Reactions: IanMcL
I took advantage of the free charger at Tesco in Rugby last weekend when I was there for a conference. The app continually failed to “claim” the charge. I phoned the helpline and was immediately advised to delete and reinstall the app. I got the impression this is a common problem. I did, it worked and I charged from 15% to 90% for free.
Yes, I too was asked by the helpline to delete and re-load the App. Apparently it has a cache which can get blocked. Worked well after that and my historic data was preserved.

Did you overstay the free parking limit?? Some are 3 hours and others are 4. I've had free juice at my local store, signs say £70 fine after 4 hours. Just beware that's all.