Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for the info, greatly appreciate it!

I have since talked to the owner and asked about the history. He bought it late 18 from a Tesla dealership and free supercharging was never questioned. I’m not sure what that means for me but I’m going to try and get it forwarded to me. It’s not a deal breaker but would just be a great plus!

i bought mine earily 2018.

I was told supercharging is owner dependant, not car.

If FUSC is that important, you want to find a earily to mid 2017 as i believe that was the cutoff.
Basically i got FUSC as a last min promo from tesla, the regular FUSC expired 2017, which followed life of car.

But that late 2018 will most likely have MCU 2.0 which i feel is 100000000000000% more benifical then FUSC, unless u really live in a rural area where there are no lines for super chargers, or your commute is that great where FUSC can be a substantial cost savings.

Trust me, there is a new level of "feeling entitled" as tesla owners thinking they were ahead of you in line at the super charger, which is why i usually avoid them now, unless its as described above.

I absolutely need to use the SC, or i see there is a lot of empty spots so im gonna grab a quick charge while i get something to eat ordeal.

So here’s the exact scenario, I’m now the third owner. He bought it used through Tesla and received free supercharging. Well the account and purchase agreement say free supercharging but I don’t know what that means for me.

Attachments

• 2AD85A26-8D4F-4BE3-9736-8645F7934C9D.png
    2AD85A26-8D4F-4BE3-9736-8645F7934C9D.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 60B63F57-1B8D-4EDC-A4B7-5E3E1D67927E.png
    60B63F57-1B8D-4EDC-A4B7-5E3E1D67927E.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 47
I might be wrong, but I don't think free supercharging will be cancelled if you go through a car dealer other than Tesla.

Is there any truth that Tesla might be removing these features if sold from a third party dealer?

I read in another thread that, if Tesla sells the vehicle through auction to a dealer, they are removing features later. I haven't seen this disclosed anywhere and I'm a wholesale dealer. It seems unethical unless they disclose that certain features are being removed before the car is sold at auction.
@Huachipato had it removed from his car and Tesla claimed they had the right to uninstall supercharging from any car sold by any dealer, even cars that were never owned by Tesla. I don't know if he ever resolved it with them, but they were unethical in their justifications for stealing it from his car.

Reactions: Cheburashka
I don't know why Tesla was cagey about it - but I ask Tesla for some service, and the Invoice had the prior licence plate number printed on it. That information along with knowing the state it came from led me to see my car was a Tesla leased car...

Mind you it wasn't a car sold a dealers that they said was the issue, but that the car was wholesaled (I assume sold at auction). But put 2 and 2 together and you can see Tesla was the one that wholesaled it.

Why Tesla was cagey about this information is beyond me. But my car might be a "special" situation.