Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Unlimited SC - Transfer to new car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Got a 2017 X100D. Got it in June of that year and it came with free SurperCharging (or it transferred from the S I traded in at the time, can't remember). If I trade in my Model X to buy a new S, will the FUSC transfer to the new car? Thanks in advance for the info.

The cutoff for transferrable FUSC was supposed to be cars that were ordered by 1/15/2017 and taken delivery by the end of the quarter (April 2017).

FUSC was supposed to have ended with that batch of cars, but they reinvented it in May of 2017 as a referral benefit and it was not transferrable. FUSC after that date was first owner only.

If you ordered after 1/15/2017 then it should not transfer to a new owner even if by private sale.
If you ordered before 1/15/2017 and took delivery in June then technically it should also not have transferrable FUSC according to their policy at the time, but I'm sure there were delayed deliveries where they waived the delivery condition, especially if the delay was Tesla's fault.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
Generally, I don’t believe many 100kWh packs were eligible for transferrable free supercharging, as they were launched right around when it was discontinued, replacing the 90kWh pack. But see above; there might have been a small window of time when that was not the case (and it will depend on your specific scenario and order/delivery timing)

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
Generally, I don’t believe many 100kWh packs were eligible for transferrable free supercharging, as they were launched right around when it was discontinued, replacing the 90kWh pack. But see above; there might have been a small window of time when that was not the case (and it will depend on your specific scenario and order/delivery timing)
Almost right. The battery pack predates the change in FUSC, but...

100kWh packs were available before that date, but only in the performance P100D cars, and they did come with transferrable FUSC. The thing that happened right after the original FUSC cutoff date of 1/15/2017 was that they introduced a non-performance model that had the 100kWh pack. So,

1/15/2017 - last chance (allegedly) to order a car, including P100Ds, with (transferrable) FUSC
1/??/2017 (about a week later) - first chance to order a non-performance 100D which was supposed to never have FUSC
May/2017 - Ooops, sorry, we'll change our minds and now all those non-performance 100Ds can also get FUSC, but it won't be transferrable
Also May/2017 - P100D owners who'd have liked to have a choice for a much cheaper 100D with FUSC - "SRSLY!?!?!?"

I seem to recall a number of people trying to transfer their pre-1/15 P100D order to a regular 100D and keep their FUSC when it was first announced - as their orders were only a week or 2 old. But that was not possible because you can only modify an order within the price list that you originally ordered under and the regular 100D wasn't on their price list so they had to choose between keeping FUSC on the previous price list or switching to the new price list with 100D and losing FUSC. I seem to remember that Elon even claimed that 100D would never have FUSC - indicating the intent - which was obviously re-thought 4 months later.

Last edited: