Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free vending supercharger or charge delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does a supercharger session take to appear on your account? I used one for the first time yesterday but nothing has shown up yet? Could it be a free session or does it take a few days to show up? The supercharger is showing as temporarily closed today but cars were charging when I went passed.

I get a ping from my credit card within a few seconds of terminating the SuC charge - so the cost is applied for straight away.

When I was using free supercharger miles, there was no ping on my CC (no cost) and the car charging screen showed the cost as £0.00. It did show up on the online statement as a zero cost plus energy used, but I'm not sure how quickly this was updated. It does sound like something is wrong with the set up.

I have once got a zero charge when I went to a supercharger that was offline (tried it on the off chance it was still charging while offline - it was). You saty it's temporarily closed, was it like that when you went to charge?
It wasn’t marked as closed when I charged but it was the following day. I was thinking that if something was wrong with the SuC then they might mark it as closed

I didn’t get free miles as it’s a lease through ZenAuto. I was thinking that it could be the setup with the lease company but the charge session should still show in the car, right?
Does the charging screen show any supercharger sessions at the bottom right? (It's normally realtime and increases as you're charging - unless its using free miles)

If not then could be the supercharger you used has stopped communicating with Tesla for some reason - I wouldn't count on it being free though - I'm sure their systems will remember you and probably catch up with you at some point when communication is restored - although if not - nice bonus :)

So I used a supercharger another two times, also tried a different location, and same thing happened with nothing appearing in the car and no charge sessions on my account. Dropped an email to Tesla support this morning and within 2 hours I received a phone call telling me the setup was wrong and they’ve “fixed” it from today.

If only they were this prompt when I was sent a key fob instead of winter floor mats from their online shop! Took over a month to sort that with various emails and phone calls from me.

Seems like I got a free charge from the Manchester Superchargers at the Tesla shop. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to use them or not, but the car directed me there, Charged for 30 mins, then I was on my way. Expected it to show up in my Tesla account but it never has. Not that I'm complaining

So I used a supercharger another two times, also tried a different location, and same thing happened with nothing appearing in the car and no charge sessions on my account. Dropped an email to Tesla support this morning and within 2 hours I received a phone call telling me the setup was wrong and they’ve “fixed” it from today.

If only they were this prompt when I was sent a key fob instead of winter floor mats from their online shop! Took over a month to sort that with various emails and phone calls from me.
Just wondering if they charged you for the previous supercharging. I have a new model y and not been charged for any supercharging. I have supercharged in a few different locations but never been charged.

Just wondering if they charged you for the previous supercharging. I have a new model y and not been charged for any supercharging. I have supercharged in a few different locations but never been charged.
Yeah this caught up with me eventually and I had to pay. Only after they fixed whatever issue was causing it and the next time I used a supercharger I got a notification in the app that I was blocked from using any more chargers until I paid outstanding fees! So I had to manually pay in the app for the previous sessions.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger

Hi there. Can I ask you if they charged you? And also,?, Did they explain what setup was wrong?
Kind regards