Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Friend(s) of JP - Conversations with Nicu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was a deliberated choice of words to illustrate my previous comment (using the same funny word) where i explained how this goes. Hordes of them come and shoot one crooked arrow, miss the target and then go back into the black forest. But in aggregate, they build "credibility" here :)

And here again, you continue on in the same vein that JP would if I'd said the same type of thing to him. It's not funny to label people in a manner meant to be derogatory, ever. Crooked arrow, miss the target, black forest, equally not funny in a crowd of people you're aiming to hurt. Putting a smiley face at the end of yet another statement meant to wound doesn't act as a Band-Aid for that injury.

Any time you want to take the high road, it'll do wonders for how others perceive you, especially when someone purposely aims below the belt at you.

Well said. Nicu seems to have a habit of trying to pretend he's above it all and debating on a higher level. I guess he has studied the Petersen playbook very closely.

- - - Updated - - -

If you had payed attention to the discussion, there was a Musketeer who initiated the comparison to GM. After the facts proved there was an erroneous factor of 20x in his "easy dismissal" ... crickets!
He admitted the error. What else needed to be done?

Well said. Nicu seems to have a habit of trying to pretend he's above it all and debating on a higher level. I guess he has studied the Petersen playbook very closely.
There are people that are definately on a higher level, but JP is definately not one of them.

Speaking of shooting crooked arrows, that all-in AXPW investment that JP suggested would have bankrupted anyone that followed, and that shorting TSLA in the $20's and $30's would have done the same. Now, how in the world can anybody proclaim themselves an expert in battery technology AND make forecasts like that, is beyond me.

I guess in order to be a genius nowadays, one has to lose a ton of money?

It's not funny to label people in a manner meant to be derogatory, ever.
Even in my initial post using the word I said I do not see that as derogatory, give me a "name" that you like for Tesla fans and I'll use it. That one was particularly condensed between infantry fighter for the Musk's cause and Tesla fan, with a funny twist.

Crooked arrow, miss the target, black forest, equally not funny in a crowd of people you're aiming to hurt.
First, I'm not trying to hurt anyone. I have explained at large the choice for humor and sarcasm and it seems that it works. When I have first explained the principle, nobody noticed. Once it is condensed in a funny statement, everybody gets up in arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said. Nicu seems to have a habit of trying to pretend he's above it all and debating on a higher level.
If by that you mean trying to talk about facts and ideas instead of JP's person, yes, I can admit that. If you try to imply that I pretend being smarter than you, no, I think you're wrong. I may just have different (of course I'm biased and think it's better!) perspective of the situation: I have no positions in TSLA, so very probably much less emotion and I've seen this movie before. Please don't serve me "this time is different", the four words that are responsible for the largest monetary losses in the history of mankind.

He admitted the error. What else needed to be done?
First, I have not reproached Mario Kadastik the error - everybody make errors, that's how we learn -, that's why I answered to him and explained the situation. Moreover, I think you are wrong, I think there is no answer from Mario Kadastik above.

But then, another "Tesla fan and fighter for the Cause" (please give me the word you prefer for that), qwk, was making fun of me for comparing Tesla to GM, unaware of the entire situation. Instead of serving him the embarrassing bare truth, I have made a reference to my previous comment, where I explained that hundreds of highly vocal and mostly wrong comments (again, I preferred "crooked arrow" instead of this embarrassing bare truth) seem to be more convincing here than a few factual ones.

Last edited:
If you look at mu original post you will see there was an update: mentioning the error and oh well statement with need to account for future car sales as well. I noticed the error within 10-15 minutes and my comment was still the last in the thread so I could have just deleted it, but I do have the balls to not hide a mistake I made so I just edited the post to add the update even before Nicu came to comment that it's 0.3x the sales (more like 0.5x, but that's just nitpicking)

I guess in order to be a genius nowadays, one has to lose a ton of money?
Genius is a rare species and it's usually recognized after one's death. What I may have in common with JP related to your sleazy remark, is experience. It's the thing you have 15 minutes after you need it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at mu original post you will see there was an update: mentioning the error and oh well statement with need to account for future car sales as well. I noticed the error within 10-15 minutes and my comment was still the last in the thread so I could have just deleted it, but I do have the balls to not hide a mistake I made so I just edited the post to add the update even before Nicu came to comment that it's 0.3x the sales (more like 0.5x, but that's just nitpicking)
OK, I barely have the time to quickly check new posts, did not see you modified post. I had no intention to make fun of you in particular (I am a teacher and encourage my students all the time to have the courage to try things, even if they make mistakes, especially during the learning process), just the funny situation that repeats itself. And that, only after qwk's misguided attack.

What I may have in common with JP related to your sleazy remark....

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I barely have the time to quickly check new posts, did not see you modified post.

Stop. I don't see anything "sleazy" and you're playing games claiming that you replied to a post but didn't see the edit that was was already there. Prodding people and then accusing them of attacks when they respond is dangerously close to trolling.

Stop. I don't see anything "sleazy" and you're playing games claiming that you replied to a post but didn't see the edit that was was already there. Prodding people and then accusing them of attacks when they respond is dangerously close to trolling.
Associating genius with losses is just a coincidence in your opinion? No condescendence? I did not realize how delicate are the souls populating this thread to get offended from the word sleazy associated to a remark, not a person.

I was waiting for the moment people here cannot take the heat they try to push on others. And no, I had not seen the correction (once I have the citation in my reply, I complete my comment and check later only if the thread has new comments). The link to the list of threads is in a bundle of tabs that open simultaneously, I will probably remove it not to be tempted to respond to further provocations.

Anyway, I was planning to stop posting here for a while because of several reasons: whatever inconvenient ideas (be it truth or otherwise), people take it personally and then steer the discussion toward mud balls throwing games - I'm not interested in that. Also, those who have a chance to receive my message at this stage have probably already done so, for the others, it's beyond my powers to contribute anything.

I will come back to take the temperature when either TSLA will be above $200 (probably with the same advice to secure some profits, same opposition with the turkey argument about the same message at $130, $160 etc. etc.), or when TSLA will be below $100 and see how many woke up with the help of the cold shower and how many got even deeper in the TSLA "movement".

If by that you mean trying to talk about facts and ideas instead of JP's person, yes, I can admit that. If you try to imply that I pretend being smarter than you, no, I think you're wrong.
No, not what I was saying. I'll try to be clear. You try to pretend that you don't try and degrade the person posting and deal only with facts and ideas, yet a review of this thread shows otherwise. Just as Petersen tries to pretend he deals only in facts while in reality he constantly lashes out and attacks those who come up with facts that he doesn't like. Since the original thread was "Nonsense from John Petersen", discussing his attempts to discredit commenters who correct him, and his use of misdirection, is appropriate since that is part of his "nonsense". By defending that behavior and/or excusing it you also contributed to the discussion of JP the person. You also talk about the emotions and motivations of "Musketeers", so again you are talking about people, not ideas. Which is fine with me, just don't pretend you aren't doing it.

While I have to filter at least 10x harder here than what I get reading JP's articles and comments, I have some fun (even laughter sometimes) and confirmation (most of the time) about my hypothesis about the human mind / emotions and the way that it manifests in groups / society.

Nicu, you have a serious problem. You care more about attacking people here than about contributing to any real discussion on Tesla. You tried to turn our previous discussion about your decisions on TSLA into an argument about emotions and claiming that I was bragging about being right and being obnoxious, when I was simply showing that you were wrong on the facts, the market reaction, and some stock price predictions. This twist from facts to insults is not something I'll participate in.

Since I have got here about 5 months ago, I have learned only two new things: the interest shorts were paying during the short squeeze, and the fact that I got the PbC cycle life backwards...

This is too funny. As the one you worship says: "I can teach it to you, but I can't learn it for you." Your comments in this thread show that you still don't understand what "cycle life" means. Hint: it's not PbC specific. There is much to be learned here, and it's unfortunate that you're apparently not taking advantage of it.

Even in my initial post using the word I said I do not see that as derogatory, give me a "name" that you like for Tesla fans and I'll use it. That one was particularly condensed between infantry fighter for the Musk's cause and Tesla fan, with a funny twist.

Here's a novel idea: How about we don't give them any name to begin with? Why does anyone insist on labeling others? As soon as you do that you make the debate/discussion personal.

First, I'm not trying to hurt anyone. I have explained at large the choice for humor and sarcasm and it seems that it works. When I have first explained the principle, nobody noticed. Once it is condensed in a funny statement, everybody gets up in arms.

If your intent is not to hurt others, then stop with the special names, the metaphors, the sarcasm etc... The truth can be spoken simply and plainly without the personal slights and without hiding behind supposed humor.

I will come back to take the temperature when either TSLA will be above $200 (probably with the same advice to secure some profits, same opposition with the turkey argument about the same message at $130, $160 etc. etc.), or when TSLA will be below $100 and see how many woke up with the help of the cold shower and how many got even deeper in the TSLA "movement".

Well, it's been 6 months and Tesla is above $200. Where are you, Nicu?

Anyone who doesn't think JP doesn't have a clue what he is talking about (at least in terms of Tesla and the stock) probably will never change their mind. I do find the reversal just by him meeting the guy surprising too.