Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From A Ford Raptor to Tri-Motor Cybertruck - Anyone Else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way to settle this is when the truck comes out put it to the test. Put it up against the competition in a torture test. Ford Raptor. and Tremor. The Dodge Power Wagon and Jeep and Toyota TRD. A no holes barred run them till they break. Or just put tracks on it I'm sure a company could make a set of tracks for the cybertruck Then you could play in the Snow or Mud with the Raptor Or just get Ken Block to test the cybertruck
ford-f-150-raptortrax-03-1024x680.jpg

Reactions: lottadot and coleAK
I will keep my 2011 Raptor. I've had it since new, but only drive it to the dunes a couple times a year and a few times I need to haul stuff now that I got my Model 3. Some day, I will be glad I still have the classic Raptor to put in car shows.

If you use your Raptor as a daily driver, more as a car and off roading is gravel roads/grass/dirt roads, or picking up bags of mulch from Lowe’s... you should be just fine. If you are using the Raptor more at its capacity, taking washboard at 60mph, jumping dunes,... I would lean to probably not.

I have a LX570 (200 series LC), the truck that has beat the Raptor in production class every year both trucks have entered the BAJA 1000. Mine is set up more for overland and technical trails than Baja, i off road it fairly hard, if I get a CT I’ll most likely keep my LX for off road. I have this feeling it is going to suck off road, but I could be wrong and won’t know for sure until they make production. I have a deposit on a CT and a Rivian S1 and have owned 2 Tesla’s over the last 6 years (4 with S, now 2 with 3) and they make great cars. From what is out there so far Rivian seems to be doing much more off road RnD, but neither trucks are close to market so who knows.

I think the CT will be a touch more capable than my F-150 which is plenty capable for most forrest/BLM roads. The air suspension gives me a bit of concern due to what they tend to do to articulation when at full height.

Reactions: coleAK
Rebelle Rally has an EV designation, details at Rebelle Rally Debuts the Electrified Designation for Electric, Plug-In Hybrid Electric and Hybrid Vehicles - Rebelle Rally

Of note:
- "It is not a race for speed but precision driving and navigating." Can't find how points are scored other than "we'll tell you there"; the rulebook is filled with rules but doesn't explain how points are actually scored.
- A Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV also competed, scoring #3 out of 6 in the X-Cross class (much smaller than 4x4 class which Rivian was in).
- A 175KW charger (like fueling for all competitors) is provided by race staff, not competing teams. Charging/fueling time apparently isn't a scoring issue.

The more I look at the rules, the more ... gentle ... the race looks. Certainly not easy, but clearly not the high-speed hard-pounding any-way-you-can of the Baja 1000 rally. Elon is talking "kick butt in Baja" https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1250905349265084416?s=20

Rebelle Rally has an EV designation, details at Rebelle Rally Debuts the Electrified Designation for Electric, Plug-In Hybrid Electric and Hybrid Vehicles - Rebelle Rally

Of note:
- "It is not a race for speed but precision driving and navigating." Can't find how points are scored other than "we'll tell you there"; the rulebook is filled with rules but doesn't explain how points are actually scored.
- A Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV also competed, scoring #3 out of 6 in the X-Cross class (much smaller than 4x4 class which Rivian was in).
- A 175KW charger (like fueling for all competitors) is provided by race staff, not competing teams. Charging/fueling time apparently isn't a scoring issue.

The more I look at the rules, the more ... gentle ... the race looks. Certainly not easy, but clearly not the high-speed hard-pounding any-way-you-can of the Baja 1000 rally. Elon is talking "kick butt in Baja" https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1250905349265084416?s=20
People are assuming he is talking the Baja 1000. No way the CT can compete in that. I’m sure he is just talking about Baja not the race.

Rebelle is more of a stage orienteering off road race. Looking at the other trucks in the 4x4 class they were very purpose built rigs, the 2nd place LX is an awesome truck also built out wranglers. Not a weak field in the 4x4 class.

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D