Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very curious how the front end of other cars will be like, with mobileye...

Fisch-Onkelchen-Fotoliaid14231759.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Red Sage and ilg
At certain angles the Model 3 looks absolutely fabulous. Remember that the comparison cannot be against two door crammed up low height sports cars - that is a pointless exercise. Elon has pointed out rightly that it is relatively easy to design a very looking sports car. The technical challenge and real wizardry is in designing a family car that looks good and is spacious as well as aerodynamic. Model 3 ticks all the boxes for me and I am sure Tesla will do every improvement practically possible.

• Helpful
Reactions: SΞXY P100D
I agree. Best looking front i've ever seen on that type of car from that angle. Here's some of my other favourites:

Tesla-Model-3-at-Gigafactory-1.jpg

tesla1.jpg

It looks good from all the angles that matter :) And a lot sportier then the Model S.
What I like about these photos is that they show off that the leading edge of the car is lower than the top edge of the 20" wheels. The up-angle camera shots make it seem as if the nose is around 40" off the ground, when it is really, very, very low.

• Informative
What do you think of the hood's size and shape?
From a level-angle side view, the hood slopes down pretty drastically. Almost too much. Very porsche-like. The S does something kinda similar, but not nearly as pronounced.

I haven't really noticed this except at just a couple angles, so it's hard to tell if it's the camera playing tricks or the viewing angle is really that tiny.

tesla-model-3-4.jpg

tesla-model-3-17-1.jpg

model3_side.jpg

From a level-angle side view, the hood slopes down pretty drastically. Almost too much. Very porsche-like. The S does something kinda similar, but not nearly as pronounced.

I haven't really noticed this except at just a couple angles, so it's hard to tell if it's the camera playing tricks or the viewing angle is really that tiny.

tesla-model-3-4.jpg

tesla-model-3-17-1.jpg

model3_side.jpg

The back wheels in the third picture don't look round. Almost like the picture got stretched. If so, that might have messed with the perspective in other ways.

tesla-model-3-4.jpg

tesla-model-3-17-1.jpg

I wasn't actually talking about the hood from that angle. But it looks fine to me. I don't have a problem with it.

What I meant was more of an overhead shot. It seems pretty narrow and somewhat pointed/triangular. It's different than I'm used to, I guess. Looked awkward to me. But if you don't need a huge hood to access numerous dipsticks and reservoirs and belts, etc., then I guess you don't really need a large hood.

It's not a deal breaker, and it's not a complaint. Just an observation that I wondered if others' had had.

R-Zentric-Tesla-Model-S-Hood-Carbon-Fiber-Splitter-1024x768.jpg

Tesla-Gigafactory-Model-3-front-end.jpg

Reactions: Red Sage

I'm 100% with you on that. I run past a Porsche Panamera 4-5 times a week and every time I look at the front I get reminded of the Model 3.
I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me but if the Panamera didn't have a grill it would look very similar to the Model 3's front.
I hope they keep the final design that way. The Model S refresh / Model X are already looking better than the original Model S front but I think the mustache-less front looks good as it is.
Either way, I'm not going to cry about it no matter what they end up with.

Reactions: plankeye
I'm 100% with you on that. I run past a Porsche Panamera 4-5 times a week and every time I look at the front I get reminded of the Model 3.
I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me but if the Panamera didn't have a grill it would look very similar to the Model 3's front.
I hope they keep the final design that way. The Model S refresh / Model X are already looking better than the original Model S front but I think the mustache-less front looks good as it is.
Either way, I'm not going to cry about it no matter what they end up with.
I believe that is the perspective that I have also.

I absolutely love the new design of the Model S, however if they don't adopt it.....I'm just fine. I'm just looking forward to the car.

It's a little disheartening to know that a year from now.......I still won't have my car.

I believe that is the perspective that I have also.

I absolutely love the new design of the Model S, however if they don't adopt it.....I'm just fine. I'm just looking forward to the car.

It's a little disheartening to know that a year from now.......I still won't have my car.

The sad part is I'm not even sure I'll have mine TWO years from now...
#justeuropethings
#reservedinmay
I'm just hoping for a late 2018 delivery. I'd be totally fine with it if I can configure the car sometime next year and get a rough delivery estimate. Not knowing ANY date at all is the hardest part.

The sad part is I'm not even sure I'll have mine TWO years from now...
#justeuropethings
#reservedinmay
I'm just hoping for a late 2018 delivery. I'd be totally fine with it if I can configure the car sometime next year and get a rough delivery estimate. Not knowing ANY date at all is the hardest part.

I don't think my ICE car will last till 2018....I might have to buy another one. If I do buy another ICE....I'm going to have to cancel my M3 order to get the most out of my ICE purchase.

I don't think my ICE car will last till 2018....I might have to buy another one. If I do buy another ICE....I'm going to have to cancel my M3 order to get the most out of my ICE purchase.
Just buy a 4-5 year old Honda Civic. They hold their value pretty well, so you'll be able to get most of your money back when you sell it. And they're fairly reliable.

Don't give up on that Model 3 dream. :)