Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sad part is I'm not even sure I'll have mine TWO years from now...
#justeuropethings
#reservedinmay
I'm just hoping for a late 2018 delivery. I'd be totally fine with it if I can configure the car sometime next year and get a rough delivery estimate. Not knowing ANY date at all is the hardest part.

Reserved online after reveal event, expecting 2018 delivery at earliest also. Like your #justeuropethings

Yes. Has a certain amphibious car look.

Maybe we should do away with front plates. With all the attention paid to drag and efficiency it would make a collective difference. I mean they're trying to do away with external rear view mirrors getting rid of these stupid flat front license plates would really help.

I get ya. My current car has a front license plate but with a bracket extension. Not bad, as it doesn't look out of place or goofy looking. But like you said, we're talking about about the M3 here. I'm sure TM will address this issue soon. Also: Anybody here at TMC work for the DMV and/or law enforcement who would care to comment? :)

BrightIdea_smilie.gif
Maybe carmakers should invent a license plate slot that won't alter the car's shape so that aerodynamics is not affected.

Here is some additional perspective and poll... 3 to 1 in favor of a new front bumper design. :cool:

Tesla Model 3 could benefit from the front fascia refresh [Poll]

upload_2016-7-25_10-13-35.png

Overall, the Tesla Model 3’s design was very well-received with the prototypes unveiled back in March, but it was far from universally loved. Aside from the trunk, the most controversial design feature is arguably the front fascia. While I don’t mind the Model 3’s front end, I get where the criticism comes from. Jim Cantrell, Elon Musk’s former space strategist, called it a “faceless fish”: It’s certainly not conventional and while I don’t want Tesla to bring back a grille, or “nosecone”, maybe it could benefit from the Model S’ refreshed front fascia?

model-3-fascia-e1469147413332.jpg

And here’s another one by EV.network based on a promo shot by Tesla (click for higher resolution):

I'm just afraid that the Model S fascia will look like crap as soon as you put a license plate underneath it. I think it won't be as bad without the mustache.
While this is not a concern for less than half of the states, it's a real problem for the rest of the world.
I'd also like to know what the difference in drag coefficients would be between both versions. I'd prefer a lower one no matter what.

I don't think my ICE car will last till 2018....I might have to buy another one. If I do buy another ICE....I'm going to have to cancel my M3 order to get the most out of my ICE purchase.
Damn, what are you driving that you can't make last another year or two? With a grand or two you can make any car last that much longer. Seems to make a lot more sense than buying another car...

Damn, what are you driving that you can't make last another year or two? With a grand or two you can make any car last that much longer. Seems to make a lot more sense than buying another car...
I have a 2007 Toyota Camry with 258K miles on it. My job relocated and I'm putting approx. 130 miles per day on it. I have oil seepage starting around the piston rings. I can tell in the morning when starting up. I suppose I could put a grand into the engine and fix it.