Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think they were concerned about aerodynamics on the MS when they put a stash on it? I do.

I would love to see all 3 cars exist as a family.

Do all of the people here that don't want a stash also dislike the new MS design?
I like de new MS with the stash but would hate it on the M3. The nose of the M3 is much shorter and with the stash it would look even shorter.

Reactions: Railhawk52
Maybe if the frunk lines met the opening and the "duck lips" less pronounced?

o2OECKE.jpg

Prefer the original.

It's a Toothbrush Moustache. We all know the last infamous toothbrush moustache wearer. Of course it could bring it back in fashion.

Perhaps if it they change it to this design, Tesla model 3 owners will adopt the Toothbrush moustache and people will no longer need to ask what car you have, they will just look at your moustache and know you have a 3.

Reactions: Railhawk52
Fat lip/duck beak is quite polarizing, too plain and un-sexy. With "pencils down" being anytime now, why do Tesla designers settle for so-so (wtf to some) instead of come up with awesomeness?

Protest and don't settle for less... while we can!

Else you might regret it when someone sees your 3 and goes "nice car but WTF is up with that butterface..."

Last edited:
Reactions: eisbock
If other car companies adopt Tesla's supercharger network with their future EVs, I will consider dumping my Model 3 for another brand for design alone.

Sorry if my comments may sound insulting... I'm seriously losing taste for Franz VH. I have many positive comments about the Model 3's looks, but after viewing sexier cars from other brands I'm starting to get upset. There are amazing, salivating car designs out there that even the gorgeous Model S pales in comparison both inside and out.

And please don't give us that drag coefficient reasoning crap. Drop dead gorgeous aesthetics and low cd can work together.

I'm a HUGE Tesla FAN/LOVER/SUPPORTER but their current designs will be seriously outdone by other EVs in the near future, guaranteed. (Watch for Mercedes Benz and FaradayFuture reveals in the next few months.) My #1 wish is that Tesla themselves would be THE company to do it and to prove me wrong with a new Model 3 nose design that would make everyone's jaws drop.

Again, I'm so sorry if I offend anyone as I direct my frustration only to the Tesla Motors Design Team and not to you, my fellow Tesla fans, especially to current owners and those who like their designs. I'm just pissed the more I think about this Tesla design blahness. Unfortunately, I'm not alone with this sentiment.

Franz in case you read this, please redeem yourself with an impressive final Model 3 design!

Last edited:
Reactions: eisbock and voyager
If other car companies adopt Tesla's supercharger network with their future EVs, I will consider dumping my Model 3 for another brand for design alone.

Sorry if my comments may sound insulting... I'm seriously losing taste for Franz VH. I have many positive comments about the Model 3's looks, but after viewing sexier cars from other brands I'm starting to get upset. There are amazing, salivating car designs out there that even the gorgeous Model S pales in comparison both inside and out.

And please don't give us that drag coefficient reasoning crap. Drop dead gorgeous aesthetics and low cd can work together.

I'm a HUGE Tesla FAN/LOVER/SUPPORTER but their current designs will be seriously outdone by other EVs in the near future, guaranteed. (Watch for Mercedes Benz and FaradayFuture reveals in the next few months.) My #1 wish is that Tesla themselves would be THE company to do it and to prove me wrong with a new Model 3 nose design that would make everyone's jaws drop.

Again, I'm so sorry if I offend anyone as I direct my frustration only to the Tesla Motors Design Team and not to you, my fellow Tesla fans, especially to current owners and those who like their designs. I'm just pissed the more I think about this Tesla design blahness. Unfortunately, I'm not alone with this sentiment.

Franz in case you read this, please redeem yourself with an impressive final Model 3 design!

just keep calm... :)
100 years ago until today you always had to take what cardesigners and their bosses decided to give us.
we had ugly cars selling good, we had beautiful cars selling bad. it's not just the design.
do you remember the Porsche 928 (1977?) who almost everybody found an ugly design? even 40 years later, the design is exiting timeless.
I am convinced that Franz an his team will provide a beautiful car.
Look at what he've done the last 2 centuries and chill out ;)

ah, btw, maybe something interesting to read (also for Franz). a Model3 without mirrors? who knows...
Japan Says Yes To Mirrorless Cars

Fat lip/duck beak is quite polarizing, too plain and un-sexy. With "pencils down" being anytime now, why do Tesla designers settle for so-so (wtf to some) instead of come up with awesomeness?

Protest and don't settle for less... while we can!

Else you might regret it when someone sees your 3 and goes "nice car but WTF is up with that butterface..."

Why is the majority wild by it?
I think the problem remains with you and you stick to the grill era.
The design is beautiful as it is, that is my opinion