Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congats, Elon asked for a link to your design ,he's surely seen it! I hope he goes with it, i love it

I'm honored. Lines and curves flow. Visually, the Model 3 is an impressive design. Nearly every angle is spot on. It is because of this that the blunt nose seemed so out of place to my design sensibilities. I understand design is a subjective thing but typically it's rare to see just one design line or feature to be discordant with the whole.

Mihai did a great job conveying my idea.

ashRZB4.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: linkster and skilly
Here is a quick photoshop job of how it would look without the duck face. It's a bit bland, but feels neutral as the eye will focus on the overall shape of the car and its prettier design elements. The duck face is distracting from certain angles, especially from straight front (car appears "angry"), but from other angles the "blunt" front adds character.

I would also think that a smoother nose would help with lowering the drag coefficient.

cE9muXu.jpg

I'm honored. Lines and curves flow. Visually, the Model 3 is an impressive design. Nearly every angle is spot on. It is because of this that the blunt nose seemed so out of place to my design sensibilities. I understand design is a subjective thing but typically it's rare to see just one design line or feature to be discordant with the whole.

Mihai did a great job conveying my idea.

Don't want to brag, but I was completely stunned that Elon (or his team) replied to me when I pointed to TMC forums. (I'm @PeteEhmKay) . Love your design suggestion!

I like the 3 front (and the rest of the car -- gorgeous). No need for the X nose shaped black area. I feel like the X only had that air intake shaped that way to provide design consistency between X and S (same shape at the top of the S nosecone). And the S nosecone is it's weakest design element. Not sure why they'd want to replicate part of the weakest element of the design just for consistency across products.

Both the S and the X underwent very positive, but small changes to their front bumpers (from a smoother, more rounded design to something more sculpted/refined) I assume the 3 will be the same. Can't wait to see the production version.