Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model-3-venom.jpg

My vote goes to an angressive front end. More looks at the 'Model 3 Grille Renders' thread.

The goal of .21 drag coefficient likely leads to no grill. Even putting a plastic trial piece to mimic the X front would change the drag. A front plate will also change the aero unless they have an optional cutout with a clear lens for the plate.

HAVE WE FORGOTTEN WHAT THE FRONT END LOOKS LIKE ALREADY!?

tesla-model-%E2%98%B0_-_matte-grey-prototype-01459691820-jpeg.171477

In my opinion, this looks flippin sick (in a good way). They should tweak it so it doesnt look as good. :(

This thing seriously looks like a bullet compared to the Model S.

From this angle the car looks totally awesome and the front end looks great. It's interesting to see that the square(ish) front end makes the nose even more pointed up from this angle than it would be if it was evenly round. But it looks aerodynamic enough and not blunt or flat like it seems from other pictures.

Looks like the car has a wicked smile! It must have been those low angle photos from the unveil that didn't do it any favors.

From this angle the car looks totally awesome and the front end looks great. It's interesting to see that the square(ish) front end makes the nose even more pointed up from this angle than it would be if it was evenly round. But it looks aerodynamic enough and not blunt or flat like it seems from other pictures.

Looks like the car has a wicked smile! It must have been those low angle photos from the unveil that didn't do it any favors.

Exactly. Cars always look much different in person vs. in media.... except to a toddler maybe.

HAVE WE FORGOTTEN WHAT THE FRONT END LOOKS LIKE ALREADY!?

tesla-model-%E2%98%B0_-_matte-grey-prototype-01459691820-jpeg.171477

In my opinion, this looks flippin sick (in a good way). They should tweak it so it doesnt look as good. :(

This thing seriously looks like a bullet compared to the Model S.

Thanks for posting the photo. That front cannot be improved! Let it be! Elon don't change it!:cool:

I'm just praying there isn't an influx of aftermarket body kits and crap modifications made for this car. Tesla should remain classy about their brand. I know it's not their choice, but let's not Fast & Furious the Model 3 please. I'm leaving that lifestyle FOR this car. Gawd I'm getting old.

• Funny
Reactions: Red Sage
Thankfully he's already said they will tweak the duck bill.
It does seem a little far out, but I hope it doesnt compromise drag coefficent. 0.21 is a pretty beastly stat for a main stream car. To tell the truth, if you look on wikipidea, there were some concepts that looked like a car (and not just bullet shaped like the 0.07 drag cars have) but hardly exceeded the 0.21 mark. The only car that was remotly mainstream was the EV1, but that didnt last long and it looked like some funny bug off of disney.

Tesla has done such an extraordinary amount of refining on their brand image in the cars design well after model S came out. I think they knew there were going to be A LOT of model 3's out there, so why not go big and look like a shark?

Reactions: Electric Jupiter
As fun and interesting as this may be (especially the shark sticker) the majority of the designs are not thought out and render the front looking like it has a grill. Its an electric car, not a gas car. It sounds like a jet, and well, ultimatly should resemble one - no grill in the front!!

I have nothing against doing buisness with these guys, I just dont think people realise how freaking futuristic this car will look when its in their driveway. Tesla is changing the world, and making GM especially knarly about it and so they pay for articles trying to compare the car to other cars (bad idea, considering they tried doing it to the model s, and then it broke consumer reports rating system). Anyways, i think our reality of cars is about to take a major overhaul. And i dont care if its "10 years out" or whatever. I'm pretty sure Tesla has more than half of the "cheap" luxury sedan market.

Reactions: Electric Jupiter