TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front left safety restraint system fault

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Techniques, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Techniques

Techniques Member

Wanted to share this error with you all. Been getting a “Front left safety restraint system fault” message recently.
    Have many of you beeb seeing this lately? If so, what did Tesla do to repair? I was told by a mobile ranger it is a wiring harness, but have also seen online some have had their driver/passenger replaced because of it.

My build is of Aug 2018.

Happy holidays everyone!

Attached Files:

2. martind3

martind3 Member

SR+, July 2019 build. Tesla is replacing my entire passenger seat. In my case it's apparently the weight sensor and seat heaters conflicting. Seat is on order.

• Informative x 1
  3. Techniques

Techniques Member

Thanks for the info. I wonder if that’s why they delayed my service appointment because service mentioned that the part was on backorder. Chance I’m getting a new seat, guess we’ll see.

4. MexiCanuck

MexiCanuck Member

I hope I never have to have the driver/passenger replaced in my Tesla.

Well, sometimes I might be OK with having just the passenger replaced.

:)

• Funny x 4
  5. mrat-X+3

mrat-X+3 New Member

I get the same fault on my X. Service center took it in 2 times only to tell us there's no problem and a firmware update SHOULD fix it. Said firmware may be coming sometime in the future. They gave me some BS excuse that the new seats in the Dec builds are causing issues in the X and the engineers are working on it. Scheduled with mobile service this weekend to see if the 3rd time is the charm. If not...

6. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

I had the passenger side blip up for a weekend. I checked and wiggled it and it went away. They may have replaced it on one of the SC visits. It's a faulty sensor I believe (loose wire).

7. GtiMart

GtiMart Member

I got this error for like 10 seconds after getting my car back from getting a ppf done.stayed in a humid garage for the whole day. I can't think of another reason. Never came back. I'm assuming it's in the logs. Next time it happens I'll report it...

8. Techniques

Techniques Member

I had a wiring harness and connector replaced by the SC. Error has not appeared since. They told me it was an over tight connection to the sensor that over time loosens and throws up the error. The new harness allows more play for the sensor cable.

• Like x 1
  9. Jeycue

Jeycue New Member

Had the same error in my M3. Tesla Mobile Service replaced OCR Harness Kit twice. Once in December and last one was last Sunday, March 1st. Error popped out again yesterday. I don't know what is the issue behind it now. Setup another appointment at Inland Empire TSC ( Rancho Cucamonga, CA ) on next week and hoping they will be able to find out the real solution to it. Will keep you posted.

• Informative x 1
  10. GtiMart

GtiMart Member

Update: had the error again but passenger side a week pr two ago. Service came and replugged the wiring harness under the passenger seat. That's all there was to it. Just a bad connection from the assembly line... I have a 2020 that was delivered in December 2019. Hope this helps!

• Informative x 2