Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Bracket For Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest prototype in final form. Tested and transparently compatible with Autopilot and Homelink. Modifying for machine screws and inserts instead of course screws, website coming soon.
IMG_9139.jpg
IMG_9144.jpg
IMG_9146.jpg
IMG_9159.jpg

Tony:

Any ideas when you are looking to bring this out? I would mind be your test car on the east coast;)

I am looking at this type of feature where it pops out automatically with a switch of a button.

Let me know, Im curious a lot of people would be interested as long as it doesn't touch the paint.

Thanks,

Arash

Reactions: TonyPham
Tony, I look forward to seeing it available for sale! FWIW, I also like the lower version that hides the mounting hardware. It would also be cool if it were available in a version that could be offset to the side.

To those who asked, the company that makes The Law mount should have their Model 3 solution available within the next couple weeks (I spoke to them by phone yesterday).

@TonyPham How solid is the bracket? What would happen if you accidentally pushed up against a wall during parking. Would the mount break or the grill it is attached to break? I would prefer the mount broke rather than the grill.

PS: I don't have a Model 3 yet to tell what the grill is made of.

This looks like a good removable alternative to the Tesla-supplied sticky tape doohickey.

Question: Has anyone tried a bracket that would screw into the front tow hook hole? It's a popular solution among the import tuner crowd. Not sure if a plate mounted in that location would interfere with the sensors or not, but this may be worth looking into. When you don't need/want your plate, just unscrew it and pop the cover back onto the hole.

**EDIT**

Forgot about the 9v method of opening the fronk in an emergency. I guess the cap has to be permanently attacked to the wires?

Last edited: