Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The issue I'm having in my own analysis is the thought of dropping $120 simply to mount my front license plate. Not inclined to go with SnapPlate or Quick Bandit.

Fortunately, we all get to make our own personal decisions on what value we place on various things.

Unfortunately, we all also get to make our own personal decision on whether or not we give useful answers to questions that are asked in good faith on a car forum.

• Informative
Reactions: Catbiscuits
Fortunately, we all get to make our own personal decisions on what value we place on various things.

Unfortunately, we all also get to make our own personal decision on whether or not we give useful answers to questions that are asked in good faith on a car forum.
Apologies, wasn't meaning to be unhelful. Was more just making commentary that this particular accessory category seems pricey. I'll keep editorial to myself forward.

Reactions: FredMertz
Does anyone have a strong preference between the SnapPlate and the Quick Bandit? I'm having my usual analysis paralysis and would appreciate and strong thoughts.

Personally, I like the breakaway plate mount of the SnapPlate and I think the aesthetic blends in better with the car compared to the trellis design of the Quick Bandit, but it's great that we have so many options (like 6 or 7 now) when most cars have one. There's something for everyone in the Tesla community.

On the topic of cost, both options are small businesses started by Tesla enthusiasts who design and manufacture in the US and it costs more to do that. Anyone comparing the cost to using the OEM mount or toggle bolts is missing the point. Nobody should buy either of these options as a way to mount their license plate. You buy these because you want to easily REMOVE your license plate and that is valuable to some people.

License plate is like the necklace for the car. You want that to shine. It represents the car. Back to the topic I like snap plate but the arm looks Odd. And magnetic feature in Otto makes connection and removal 1-2-3. I’m concerned for people taking the plate and I’m so lazy to secure it with the crews each time l. However, Otto seems like the choice for me.

License plate is like the necklace for the car. You want that to shine. It represents the car. Back to the topic I like snap plate but the arm looks Odd. And magnetic feature in Otto makes connection and removal 1-2-3. I’m concerned for people taking the plate and I’m so lazy to secure it with the crews each time l. However, Otto seems like the choice for me.
Does Otto have a Model Y version on the way?

I definitely like the OEM looks of the Otto, but having the plate so close to the bumper, but not attached was a deal breaker for me. I know people use felt or rubber pads on the back side, but all it takes is one grain of sand to get between the pad and the bumper and it will wear right through the paint. The only way I would use the Otto is in combination with PPF.

Also, since I primarily leave my plate off, I didn't like the look of the bracket that it leaves behind on the grille.

IMG_0181~2.HEIC.jpeg

Quick Bandit. Takes significantly longer to screw the plate onto the mount then it does to put it on/take it off the car. Worth it.

SS

I definitely like the OEM looks of the Otto, but having the plate so close to the bumper, but not attached was a deal breaker for me. I know people use felt or rubber pads on the back side, but all it takes is one grain of sand to get between the pad and the bumper and it will wear right through the paint. The only way I would use the Otto is in combination with PPF.

Also, since I primarily leave my plate off, I didn't like the look of the bracket that it leaves behind on the grille.

I agree with you and that’s the only thing I’m concerned about but I think it leaves enough space based on the videos I saw on their website. I’d love an owner to comment though. PPF is a good idea but they usually change color over time (though it depends on quality) and get dusty on the edges but anyway it’s a good idea to protect bumper from rock chips to some extent.

I plan to do the same. So do you wait for the regular plate, then apply for the vintage plate, then apply for the vinyl plate? Thanks
I’ve already applied for a personalized legacy plate through the DMVs website even though I haven’t received my assigned plates. Will turn in old plates once new ones arrive. Took delivery 6/4. Also went with the Quick Bandit for front license plate holder

Reactions: empiredown
Hello! I got my Y today and the gentleMan who delivered the car said get the screw on option to the front tow hook. Wondering if anyone knows if front tow hook bracket will work? He said the one
For model 3 fits? Before I buy, I wanted to know. Thanks