Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us that have had cars delivered without Frunk Hooks then these can now apparently be ordered as a part from Tesla.

I can't tell you how much they will be as they are currently out of stock but more are expected 'soon'.

Deleting these seems a really cheapskate move.
I am an unashamed Tesla fan, yet I have to agree. If it were a supply issue then the right thing to do would be to supply them FOC when stock came in. I am interested in hearing what the cost is to buy these.

Full disclosure, I collected my P3D at the end of August and mine did come with the hooks and frunk mat, but I am curious about the recent removal of the hooks.

Reactions: nightowl
My guess is that deleting these has to be a supply issue, or maybe related to slightly decreasing the time it takes to remove the frunk liner for service work (maybe fixing stuck frunk latches?).

The cost of these little plastic mouldings has to be pennies; Tesla could probably save orders of magnitude more money by just making minor changes to their customer service system, so that they don't have to deal with hordes of customers on the 'phone who can't get hold of the information they need.

I was lucky, my car came with them, and they get used all the time, as they do seem to stop shopping bags from moving around. I'd be annoyed if my car hadn't been supplied with them, TBH, as they were one of those clever little features that I spotted on an online review, before I ordered the car, and thought then they looked useful. Every other car I've had I've ended up fitting some sort of elasticated cargo net to stop shopping shifting around, but these little hooks do the job just as well, with a lot less faff.

Not ashamed to say that I have no idea what you folks are talking about. Frunk hooks? Please someone take a picture and post it. I feel like I am missing out on something I can complain about because I don't have them either. Well, I don't have a Model 3 either, but the hooks would be something alot cheaper to complain about than not having a Model 3. No offense to you folks that have a Model 3, and no hooks. I just don't know what I am talking about, so I need to know more before I complain (this time).

I think they are these? (I have them but this picture is not my car, too lazy to go outside and take a photo in the dark so just found an image online :D)

Press them and they spring out, a bit like the coat hooks above the doors in the rear of the car.

upload_2020-1-2_22-47-38.png

Reactions: Chalks99
Anyone know the real reason why frunk hooks are no longer supplied?

Can’t believe it would be down to cost savings as it literally would be penny savings.

What’s the next thing that could disappear? The single coat hook on the rear passenger side? Or new cars already being delivered without this?

The only thing I could think of is that they ran out (someone forgot to re-order them), and being fully conscious of how terrible their logistics are, they decided it would be easier to call it "no longer standard" than it would be to deal with getting them shipped out to hundreds/thousands of customers around the world.

Anyone know the real reason why frunk hooks are no longer supplied?

Can’t believe it would be down to cost savings as it literally would be penny savings.

What’s the next thing that could disappear? The single coat hook on the rear passenger side? Or new cars already being delivered without this?

I'm pleased to confirm that both the rear passenger hooks are still in situ ! :) (3rd week December collection)

Does the part have a page on the Tesla UK store, even though currently out if stock? I’d like to watch for them becoming available.

Any third party components a reasonable alternative replacement?