Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk not opening. Latch locked up?!?!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, today, I found that my frunk is not being able to open. It does open by FOB, but the latch prevents it from opening. Looks like, the latch is not unlocked. Anyone have any idea, how to open it? Don't want to go to SC for this and waste my time. Appreciated in advance. Happy New Year to all.

Bummer......I was hopeful it was just a glitch like mine. FWIW I was instructed to power down via the touchscrren and give it a couple of minutes before pressing the brake to pwer backon. Controls > E-Brake & Power Off > Power Off

I have found the same glitch, if you unlatch the frunk but leave the hood sit for a minute or more, the latch then blocks the ability to lift the hood completely. I assume this is to prevent accidental it from flying open while driving at highway speeds.

I too was able to fix it by pressing the unlock feature again, and then immediately lift the hood. But make sure you are not lifting the hood when you attempt to release the latch as this may not allow the latch to move fully out of the way when lifting the hood.

This happened to me on my Model S. Could hear it clicking and frunk seemed like it was in the open position. I did everything... reboot center console, reboot dashboard, fob presses and center console presses. During those fob and center console frunk presses i had someone try both pushing down and pulling up. It finally unlatched. PITA hope it never happens again.

Tried powering down and up from the touchscreen too. but that didn't work either. Must be a faulty latch. Hate to go to SC as they take forever to give appointment and then keep the car for about a week, even for a minimum of work. Thanks a lot for all the inputs.