Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Unlock Button in phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would suggest that the phone app for my Model Y be changed so that the frunk unlock button on the main page is changed to open the rear hatch instead of the frunk. Hatch is used by everyone way more often than the frunk. Basic user interface design to put the most used buttons where the least number of keystrokes are needed.

Reactions: jstjohnz and JonMu
I can only guess the reason they have the trunk on the main page and today widgets (iOS) is because the front has no exterior button whereas the rear does. I'm not saying I agree with that.
I really wish they allowed this to be customized as well as the icons on the black bar at the bottom of the in-car center screen.

Attachments

• 1C9EA70A-C591-4012-B894-11178FE25F5C.jpeg
    1C9EA70A-C591-4012-B894-11178FE25F5C.jpeg
    943.5 KB · Views: 162
To get this view in your notification area (At least on my Galaxy S10) you need to click on Notification Settings in the Android settings, select Tesla and then enable Phone Key Status.

I was not seeing the notification on my phone, but after making the change above the notification is available when I get near my Tesla.

To get this view in your notification area (At least on my Galaxy S10) you need to click on Notification Settings in the Android settings, select Tesla and then enable Phone Key Status.

I was not seeing the notification on my phone, but after making the change above the notification is available when I get near my Tesla.
Well, it took me a while to dig through the settings but I was able to get it to work. on my notifications, I still have to select the down arrow on the top left to see that menu. All and all good find. Thank you.