Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustration - Rejected Y - Waiting for another Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Y - dents.jpg
Why would you come on here, start this thread and not have a picture to show everyone? I mean that said, I can't believe the service center said they wouldn't repair a noticeable dent. I would've absolutely raised hell... or at least distributed the picture online and tried to escalate. You did the right thing, and I don't blame your wife for wanting to switch brands. I've owned two teslas now and was getting tired of not having a VIN for my Y and almost went and bought a bmw.

I took a picture, however It was impossible for you to see given it was black and I am using an iPhone(Maybe my angle was bad). I was more concentrated on trying to see if I could get it resolved and calm an upset wife down.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
Why would you come on here, start this thread and not have a picture to show everyone? I mean that said, I can't believe the service center said they wouldn't repair a noticeable dent. I would've absolutely raised hell... or at least distributed the picture online and tried to escalate. You did the right thing, and I don't blame your wife for wanting to switch brands. I've owned two teslas now and was getting tired of not having a VIN for my Y and almost went and bought a bmw.

I took a picture, however It was impossible for you to see given it was black and I am using an iPhone(Maybe my angle was bad). I was more concentrated on trying to see if I could get it resolved and calm an upset wife down.

Not the Indianapolis service center, it would go to a body shop they use and we would have to pay for it. So we rejected it.

In California they had a PDR company come out and fix my car. I paid nothing.

You can't take the delivery folks feedback as the letter of the law. 90% of the crap they told me was false or contradicted by someone else 5 mins later. If I were you, go to your local SC and straight up ask them what they would do in your specific case i.e. brand new car with dents.

I have yet to meet a Y owner who had dents (at delivery) and was responsible for the bill. You're either not pushing hard enough or being jerked around by folks at tesla who hope you just go pay for it yourself.

Reactions: Nupe 1911
I just picked up a car yesterday from Eden Prairie SC in MN. The car had a wheel well damaged during transport. They fixed it before my delivery. I found a few issues they will fix in near future but overall quality was good. I have bought many cars and I never went through the car before buying it. With MY I had 3 page checklist because of all the issues folks have run into.

Frustrating, We rejected our Tesla Y today. Had two dents that they "would not fix", said the dents was too small according to Tesla standards. The two dents were in a noticeable spot....We will wait another Month and hope the quality is better with another Y. The most frustrating part is that they told us we could accept the car and take it to get "fixed/repaired", however we would have to pay for it. The service center does not fix dents. We are hoping the next Y will be in better shape..if not, my Wife is going to say screw it and go with a Range Rover.

I understand her position, she was so excited. I currently have a Model 3 and she was hyped for her Y.

Fingers crossed ...I wish there was a customer service hotline to talk with someone about our experience.
I was scheduled to pick up on 11/2. Day of delivery I called to make sure all good. They informed me the car had a dent. Was damaged. They sent pictures. They offered to fix in their body shop and I could pick up in a couple days. The dent was a little too deep for my comfort so I rejected it. They were very good and transparent about the whole thing. Got a new vin within 1 day and new car being manufactured today.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
There is this thing called "Paintless Dent Repair." This is something the SC should have done, NOT the buyer/OP.

We've owned Teslas since 2013, and have a significant stake in TSLA, but the reality is that Tesla Customer Service has fallen off a cliff.

ELON: This is just another in a long string of embarrassing stories being posted. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!

Frustrating, We rejected our Tesla Y today. Had two dents that they "would not fix", said the dents was too small according to Tesla standards. The two dents were in a noticeable spot....We will wait another Month and hope the quality is better with another Y. The most frustrating part is that they told us we could accept the car and take it to get "fixed/repaired", however we would have to pay for it. The service center does not fix dents. We are hoping the next Y will be in better shape..if not, my Wife is going to say screw it and go with a Range Rover.

I understand her position, she was so excited. I currently have a Model 3 and she was hyped for her Y.

Fingers crossed ...I wish there was a customer service hotline to talk with someone about our experience.
Tange Rovers are one of the least reliable vehicles. Good luck.