Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2013 Red Model S 40, 55k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S with the 40 kWh battery and 130 mile range. Tesla can "unlock" the battery for $2500 to give it 200 mile range, but we never needed or wanted that. Red with tan leather interior and Tech package. Original owner, no accidents, no issues. The only reason it is for sale is due to the California HOV stickers which expire at year end. Personalized plates and dash cam are not included. Located in Saratoga, CA. $36,500 firm.

Tesla rear sml.jpg
Tesla sml 2.jpg
Tesla sml.jpg

This car does not have Super Charger access. It was only used around town and charged at home so it wasn't an issue. I think a run down Hwy 101 would be doable with the 130 mile range or have it transported. I had a car brought up from LA last year for about $250.

The exterior of your car looks very nice and I imagine the interior is in similar condition so more pics could help. Because you mention expiring CA car pool access, it sounds like you're buying another Tesla. If you trade it in, they'll unlock to 60 and enable Supercharging so they can make more than what they give you for trade-in -- might be your best bet. Or, try advertising in Arizona, where it remains eligible for car pool lane access but the nearly free registration goes away Jan 1. Good luck with your sale!

The exterior of your car looks very nice and I imagine the interior is in similar condition so more pics could help. Because you mention expiring CA car pool access, it sounds like you're buying another Tesla. If you trade it in, they'll unlock to 60 and enable Supercharging so they can make more than what they give you for trade-in -- might be your best bet. Or, try advertising in Arizona, where it remains eligible for car pool lane access but the nearly free registration goes away Jan 1. Good luck with your sale!

Sorry to hijack thread. You mention nearly free registration goes away jan 1st for AZ. Is this based on age of car or is this for all EVs?

Sorry to hijack thread. You mention nearly free registration goes away jan 1st for AZ. Is this based on age of car or is this for all EVs?
All alt fuel vehicles in AZ have had drastically reduced registration fees for about 20 years, still on a declining cost based on age of vehicle, with minimum $5 per year. I think new P100DL are around $100 vs. way over $1000 per year. But all that changes Jan 1 to much closer to regular registration costs. Buy now and register for 5 years and you get to keep the old, cheap, rates for the whole 5 years.