Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD - 10.69.25.2 - Phantom Breaking Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I don't understand is that this hard braking in the face of safe on-coming traffic in the opposite lane is so very frequent for me, and yet I haven't seen a lot of other people posting about it.
Different cars, different conditions, different roads.

It happens to most, just varied levels of frequency.

There was a turn on 11.3.4 where it would happen to me daily, but 11.4.1 fixed that...outside of that I never saw it.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Here are some samples I captured on my way back.
I am glad to see this post! I've had exact same car for 1.5 years now and I almost never had phantom breaking. Now, since my last service was done a week ago (back tires changing), I have A LOT of random breaking on the same roads I've been driving (most 35-45 mhr limit where everyone drives 40-55 on average in heavy traffic in rash hours). My car goes into insane slow down, from 49 to 15 mhr. It's extremely annoying and dangerous and makes we want to look into other cars already, just in one week. The service guy drove with me and gaslighted me saying your software is fine, it must have been google maps changing the roads navigation to slow down. It's like I am saying nonsense. Now I am googling and finding lots of you out there with the same issue! But I am driving the same roads for these 1.5 years and it never happened before. I usually don't mind traffic as long as I have a working cruise control, but now I'm afraid to use it. Is there a solution to it? Thanks all for any input! 🙏

i had phantom slowing down but not braking, I reported it and somehow it disappeared....did my car learned on its own?? same software ... also it says stopping on stop signs, no stop signs on HOV lanes....that also disappeared.
Probably the car learned and corrected on its own.....OMG