Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.3.6 avoids accident during commute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He meant to say that the Tesla nearly caused an accident at 2:30 by inexplicably changing lanes, to pile up behind someone who had slowed way down and swerved to avoid an accident. The Tesla brake checked the truck behind, slowing from 52 to 37mph for absolutely zero reason, since it remained in the lane which was not slowing (and then subsequently inappropriately changed lanes).

This is why one should be skeptical of quoted accident rates which are not compared to other similar accident rates. It’s data in a vacuum. (Also something like 30% of the accidents are rear-end collisions. Lol, shocking.)

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
It might have worked for him but I had multiple disengagements on my last trip. The two worst were the car pulling in behind a car that was already breaking to make a right hand turn. I had to slam on the brakes. Second while on a two lane road a car was passing me on the left. The car turned on the blinker and tried to move into that lane with the car right next to me. There was no one in front of me. I was doing the speed limit which I guess was my fault. I never pass anyone up on Texas highways when I am doing the speed limit.

It might have worked for him but I had multiple disengagements on my last trip. The two worst were the car pulling in behind a car that was already breaking to make a right hand turn. I had to slam on the brakes. Second while on a two lane road a car was passing me on the left. The car turned on the blinker and tried to move into that lane with the car right next to me. There was no one in front of me. I was doing the speed limit which I guess was my fault. I never pass anyone up on Texas highways when I am doing the speed limit.
I'm very curious what visualization had for that interaction. When it turned on the blinker and tried to merge into the lane that already had a car, did visualization show the car in the lane, and was that car grey, blue, or red?

I'm very curious what visualization had for that interaction. When it turned on the blinker and tried to merge into the lane that already had a car, did visualization show the car in the lane, and was that car grey, blue, or red?
I do not know, all I knew was the blinker went on and the car pulled over. Scared the neck out of me