Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD - 2k Price Jump 10.26.20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD wasn't worth it when I bought the car, still isn't and probably never will be unless it becomes available for use in Australia and the price drops to 4 or 5 k current software doesn't work well doing 11okph it often mistakes shadows on road for obstacles and nearly jolts us from seats.
Besides that I only do a few distance drives each year so price increase whatever

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
As the price increases it really does push the price outside of a lot of peoples hands. As such fewer cars will have it. I understand he is trying to show the value of FSD but doing this FOMO tactic is a bit much. I'm not wanting FSD but man I sure to want that new AP hardware and am still kicking myself for not picking it up when it was on its fire sale at $2000. Oh well, hopefully when my warranty is up I can find a HW3 from a salvaged vehicle.

More stupidity and market ignorance from the Space Cadet CEO. Charging $10,000 for features that don't work, and will likely never work as promised, is what used to be called FRAUD. Build quality sucks. Service sucks (worst in the industry now). Software sucks, filled with bugs and removed functionality. All because the CEO sucks.

Tesla still doesn't know how to build a car after 12 years. This situation is no longer excusable. Buy the stock and skip the car.

As the price increases it really does push the price outside of a lot of peoples hands. As such fewer cars will have it. I understand he is trying to show the value of FSD but doing this FOMO tactic is a bit much. I'm not wanting FSD but man I sure to want that new AP hardware and am still kicking myself for not picking it up when it was on its fire sale at $2000. Oh well, hopefully when my warranty is up I can find a HW3 from a salvaged vehicle.

Same- I have legacy EAP and I am very happy with it. I got my car October 2018 so I only have 2.5, and for $2,400 (CDN) I should have picked it up just to get the new HW3.0 but the current pricing structure (CDN$6,700 to upgrade to FSD) is not "worth" it for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
I dunno, FOMO only works so many times. Paying $10,000 USD, which is like $13,000 CAD for alpha software seems whack to me. It's not even feature complete yet, it can't navigate turns in my city at all. Every time I use AP I'm just reminded of the limitations of the cars sensor suite, especially when it comes to side visibility.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger and mikes_fsd
I dunno, FOMO only works so many times. Paying $10,000 USD, which is like $13,000 CAD for alpha software seems whack to me. It's not even feature complete yet, it can't navigate turns in my city at all. Every time I use AP I'm just reminded of the limitations of the cars sensor suite, especially when it comes to side visibility.
Don't buy it.
AP !== FSD.

But when you want to buy it in 2 or 3 years and it is $14k USD, please don't start 5 threads complaining about that too.