Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD AND FUSC Transfer Offer this Quarter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, no man. Stop believing everything you read online. The supercharging transfer statement said nothing of 6 years or whatsoever.

In fact, it’s the exact same language, word for word, except they switched the terms FSD with FUSC as you see above for the supercharging transfer document. Lazy Tesla bums.
This was a promo last year. See below link. I have a 2016 X that qualified, I remember seeing in the Tesla website then but it is not in my Tesla app message history the way the October 2023 promo and the new one from a few days ago shows up as a message from Tesla in the app.

Yea, no man. Stop believing everything you read online. The supercharging transfer statement said nothing of 6 years or whatsoever.

In fact, it’s the exact same language, word for word, except they switched the terms FSD with FUSC as you see above for the supercharging transfer document. Lazy Tesla bums.
Your skepticism is warranted, especially since Tesla hasn't officially published anything on their website. Perhaps we'll see update today as Tesla's web team may not work on weekends :)

Nonetheless, some FUSC4LIFE owners have gotten notification (pic) plus this link is today's Electrek article. Tesla brings back FSD and free Supercharging transfer despite what Elon said

Screenshot 2024-02-05 082302.png

Your skepticism is warranted, especially since Tesla hasn't officially published anything on their website. Perhaps we'll see update today as Tesla's web team may not work on weekends :)

Nonetheless, some FUSC4LIFE owners have gotten notification (pic) plus this link is today's Electrek article. Tesla brings back FSD and free Supercharging transfer despite what Elon said

View attachment 1015581
As I thought. That screenshot shows nothing about Model 3 being eligible to transfer FUSC to—unlike a lot of people online saying so, including the Sawyer guy who started this nonsense on Twitter.

Plus, still nothing about whether inventory and referral discounts stick—unlike the same people on Twitter saying so.

And, where is the electrek writer coming up with some 6 years for the free charge transfer. I don’t see that anywhere, nor was it stated in the T&C from the Q4 transfer promo period.

From Sawyer Merritt on X.View attachment 1015435

Thanks, this is greatly helpful!
I remember back in the last quarter 2023, there was some additional requirement, such as in order to have FSD transferred to the new car, one must place an order with FSD in together and then Tesla will adjust the order to make FSD to be free in the purchase. Not sure whether there is any similar process this time.

FUSC transfer specifically excludes salvage and total loss vehicles. Does that same language show in the FSD transfer offer? I can see why there would be a distinction since FSD is a paid option. I would like to know because I have two salvage cars with FSD and one that has yet to be marked unsupported by Tesla. I could sell the shell of that car to someone looking to buy a new car and transfer the FSD.

Any idea if this applies to those of us who have ordered already but are still waiting for delivery? I placed an order on Jan 26, but still haven't gotten a VIN or anything .I did manage to talk to a sales person from my local Tesla dealership and was told "This is not yet available in the US."

Reactions: TK16688

6 year reference

It's official, just spoke with Tesla sales. email just came out and they had to refer to it to corroborate details. FUSC and/or FSD fully transferable, offer is good for all models!

When ordering, must use same email/account at Tesla.com that has the transferable car. Must keep the old car one week after delivery of new model. They reserve the right to cancel the terms at any time so you may need to act fast....

Reactions: TK16688
We went today to a local store & drove a Y again. We looked at multiple colors on site & decided on our color, interior color, and seat configuration. The options we want are very common in inventory cars & there were many in stock in our area. We picked one & reserved it with the $250. We have our appointment for Thursday afternoon to pick it up. The employee showed me the terms on his computer which stated that we can transfer BOTH FSD & FUSC + apply the $3500 inventory discount. The paperwork that I completed in the Tesla app once we got home only included signing away our FUSC, but nothing about FSD. I sent a message through the app & hope to get a reply tomorrow. Attached are the terms in the app when signing away FUSC from our 2016 S.

Attachments

• IMG_9085.png
    IMG_9085.png
    632.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9086.png
    IMG_9086.png
    628.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9087.jpeg
    IMG_9087.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 36
Question…what happens if I authorize the FSD transfer for a car scheduled to deliver by March 31st but it then gets pushed to April? Will they still honor the FSD transfer or will I be screwed?
Based on my conversation with the Portland Tesla, the key is what it says on the Tesla ordering website when you order. If it says delivery "March or March/April" then you're ok as long as it says NLT March in there somewhere. If it says "April" and beyond then may be out of luck.