Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an example where FSD will always fail. Robots will never understand what is going on here, and 10.10 has not fixed this yet.

Everyday the two left turn lanes get piled up because the green light only allows 3 cars to turn left, and 3 cars will run the red lights. This causes cars to sit in the lane that needs to go straight. FSD will try to merge into the wall and wait in that useless lane going left. As a human, we know wtf is going on and can bend the law.
i assume this is in la? where is this intersection?

Ok…give him FSD BETA this one time….But nobody gets FSD BETA that ain’t in The Family and don’t got 100%…..Capedsh?

B8E57417-EAAB-4F28-BDB2-6E43D35360F4.jpeg

I’ve had similar issues with my current 10.8.1 even with lines. FSD ignores them and does what it wants. And it’s pretty consistent. There’s a four way stop by my house that unlike others it gets drastically wrong every time, in every version. Same with a Y fork by me with no stops on two and only a stop on one. Ignores the signs and lines and swerves drastically every time.

And yes I report it every time.
I report mine everytime, and everyday as well. I have a love hate relationship with FSD beta. Some times, I will say "nice job FSD" as it surpises me with its awesome natural like behavior, and then a few seconds later, it will do something stupid and robotic.

Also, I noticed more phantom braking in 10.10. It is back to early FSD behavior where it'll drop 3 to 4 mph at every intersection break.

Any luck? I’m in the same boat

What's happened since around Christmas:
- There was a giant FSD Beta onboarding event in late December for 10.8.
- They then released bugfix release 10.8.1, which most existing users got. But not all. No onboarding of new users for the bugfix release.
- Weeks passed.
- They then released 10.9 -- but only 20-30%ish of total users got it. Rollout was halted -- probably for the NHTSA recall.
- Weeks passed.
- They just relased 10.10 -- but it's not gone past the initial wave so far.

Here's what could happen, if 10.10 is good:
- They'll continue to release it in waves, until most existing users get it.
- They'll make a call to onboard new users or not.
- If no onboarding: we wait until 10.something or even until v11. Some rant threads will probably erupt here and on reddit.
- If yes onboarding: some percentage of qualifying users in the queue will be pushed an update, and get in.

If 10.10 is not good, we'll be in a weird spot where the FSD beta userbase will be fragmented among several releases, as Tesla continues its march toward FSD v11, promising "full stack" unification, among other changes. Nobody really knows when that'll ship, or if the promised features will actually be there. Some people suspect that Tesla won't want to onboard more users until v11.

...I think that's a decent summary of where we are. Happy to be corrected / amended, of course.

Looks like we may have a hold or stop already on 10.10. And watching many of the videos I can sorta see why this may be the case. Seems the closer we get to "being (not)surprised" if we don't have robotaxies this year the more regression and hiccups we see in the Beta program.

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 7.13.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 7.16.42 AM.png

Reactions: 101dals
What's happened since around Christmas:
- There was a giant FSD Beta onboarding event in late December for 10.8.
- They then released bugfix release 10.8.1, which most existing users got. But not all. No onboarding of new users for the bugfix release.
- Weeks passed.
- They then released 10.9 -- but only 20-30%ish of total users got it. Rollout was halted -- probably for the NHTSA recall.
- Weeks passed.
- They just relased 10.10 -- but it's not gone past the initial wave so far.

Here's what could happen, if 10.10 is good:
- They'll continue to release it in waves, until most existing users get it.
- They'll make a call to onboard new users or not.
- If no onboarding: we wait until 10.something or even until v11. Some rant threads will probably erupt here and on reddit.
- If yes onboarding: some percentage of qualifying users in the queue will be pushed an update, and get in.

If 10.10 is not good, we'll be in a weird spot where the FSD beta userbase will be fragmented among several releases, as Tesla continues its march toward FSD v11, promising "full stack" unification, among other changes. Nobody really knows when that'll ship, or if the promised features will actually be there. Some people suspect that Tesla won't want to onboard more users until v11.

...I think that's a decent summary of where we are. Happy to be corrected / amended, of course.
Also, if they do decide to onboard new users with v11, it certainly won’t be the first build. V11 is a big change, I doubt even most of the existing testers will get the first few builds.

Reactions: APotatoGod
What interesting to me is on TeslaFi, of the cars that are getting 10.10, it's not just the 10.9 cars, but rather a mix of 10.9 and 10.8.1. This indicates to me that other than the baker's dozen of videographers, these. "initial rollouts" seem somewhat random. I started looking at models and US States, but I couldn't see any obvious pattern.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I think they still have 3 major groups for rollouts - employees first, then the OG beta testers (the first 1k or so), and then everyone else.

I say this because the pattern is clear - a couple of employee vehicles show up on Teslafi for a few days, then a couple hundred show up on Teslafi at the same time all the OG testers tweet that they have it, and then a broader rollout a few days later (or not, in the case of 10.9/10.10).

What interesting to me is on TeslaFi, of the cars that are getting 10.10, it's not just the 10.9 cars, but rather a mix of 10.9 and 10.8.1. This indicates to me that other than the baker's dozen of videographers, these. "initial rollouts" seem somewhat random. I started looking at models and US States, but I couldn't see any obvious pattern.
I wonder if miles driven on FSD make a difference. My longer-than-average commute is all non-highway, so I probably drive more miles per day with FSD engaged than most other FSD users, and I've typically been among the first big wave for each version. However, I had to travel for most of the 10.9 time period, so I've barely driven FSD 10.9, and I wasn't included in that 10.10 wave.

Or maybe it's random. Who knows...

• Helpful
Reactions: RabidYak
I wonder if miles driven on FSD make a difference. My longer-than-average commute is all non-highway, so I probably drive more miles per day with FSD engaged than most other FSD users, and I've typically been among the first big wave for each version. However, I had to travel for most of the 10.9 time period, so I've barely driven FSD 10.9, and I wasn't included in that 10.10 wave.

Or maybe it's random. Who knows...
I got to admit, I’m guilty, I have not been using FSD as much either. Between phantom braking and playing whack-a-mole “apply pressure to the steering yoke” game, I’m just over it.

Florida roads are mostly straight and flat and having to constantly put pressure on the yoke feels unnatural. God forbid you find a sweet spot where you’re resting your hand, but then for some reason you release a bit of the pressure after driving for several minutes, there will be lights and sirens on the dash to let you know about that.

Phantom braking is outright ridiculous. 2021 car w/$10k additional package that can’t drive between the lines at a set speed, embarrassing. I can’t even believe there was a roll through stop signs feature that was for “comfort” when I’m getting jerked around the entire time like I have a 16 year old daughter driving for the first time with both feet.

Every release I hope they fix that but they don’t. The changelog has a bunch of big words and percentages but the damn car legit can’t even drive straight at a set speed without having multiple TIAs along the route. For the sake of sanity and comfort I only enable FSD on the days I have a lot of patience to deal with its downfalls.

I think they still have 3 major groups for rollouts - employees first, then the OG beta testers (the first 1k or so), and then everyone else.

I say this because the pattern is clear - a couple of employee vehicles show up on Teslafi for a few days, then a couple hundred show up on Teslafi at the same time all the OG testers tweet that they have it, and then a broader rollout a few days later (or not, in the case of 10.9/10.10).
I am not an OG tester and received the 10.10 update from 10.9 a few days back. My initial reaction was not good - lots of slow downs, not phantom braking but the car slowing down from 65 to 50 and even 35 on the highway and not speeding up even when hitting the accelerator, so I disengaged. Later I changed to the FSD "chill" setting and took another drive on the same route with no disengagements. In fact it may have been my smoothest beta drive ever. There seem to be some random inconstancies which may be the reason for slowing the rollout. Who really knows.

• Informative
Reactions: RabidYak
I am not an OG tester and received the 10.10 update from 10.9 a few days back. My initial reaction was not good - lots of slow downs, not phantom braking but the car slowing down from 65 to 50 and even 35 on the highway and not speeding up even when hitting the accelerator, so I disengaged. Later I changed to the FSD "chill" setting and took another drive on the same route with no disengagements. In fact it may have been my smoothest beta drive ever. There seem to be some random inconstancies which may be the reason for slowing the rollout. Who really knows.
That's an interesting data point thanks! It still seems clear that the OGs are in the first wave pretty much every time, but perhaps they also include some other testers.

Question for you and anyone else who has 10.10 - has hesitation before unprotected left/right turns gotten any better? I'm on 10.8.1 and my car will wait a minimum of 5-10 seconds before making a left or right turn at an intersection without a traffic light, even when there is plenty of visibility and it's abundantly clear that there are no approaching vehicles.

Sadly patterns are super hard to spot in Tesla rollouts.
I first got the beta on 10.3 and since then have been in the initial wave before the main rollout twice now. I got 10.6 before I got the email from TeslaFi telling me about the new version :D
Of course now I'm on 10.8.1, oh well.

That's an interesting data point thanks! It still seems clear that the OGs are in the first wave pretty much every time, but perhaps they also include some other testers.

Question for you and anyone else who has 10.10 - has hesitation before unprotected left/right turns gotten any better? I'm on 10.8.1 and my car will wait a minimum of 5-10 seconds before making a left or right turn at an intersection without a traffic light, even when there is plenty of visibility and it's abundantly clear that there are no approaching vehicles.
I can't really comment because there are no unprotected lefts on the routes I have tried. I can say that they are improved and without hesitation on protected left turns, and that was a noticeable change.

Reactions: dckiwi