Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what could happen, if 10.10 is good:
- They'll continue to release it in waves, until most existing users get it.
- They'll make a call to onboard new users or not.
- If no onboarding: we wait until 10.something or even until v11. Some rant threads will probably erupt here and on reddit.
Oh, gosh, yes. I’m working on my rant, just to be ready.

I know I’ve ranted here before. Rather frequently. So why bother?

I’m sorry, but it’s all Elon’s left me at this point ….:-(

With the recent announcement that the current FSD Beta pool was up to 60K users,I really wonder how effective the "report" icon is now. Between phantom braking and general irrational behavior, I probably click the report icon once every 10 miles or so. Multiply multiple clicks per person times 60K and....how effectively can the team possibly review that amount of video clips and data?

With the recent announcement that the current FSD Beta pool was up to 60K users,I really wonder how effective the "report" icon is now. Between phantom braking and general irrational behavior, I probably click the report icon once every 10 miles or so. Multiply multiple clicks per person times 60K and....how effectively can the team possibly review that amount of video clips and data?
Yeah I’m starting to doubt it as well. That’s a full time job just reviewing the telemetry from all those submissions. Even better, there’s no comment field, so they have to assume why the driver pressed the report button.

Reactions: VanFriscia
I wonder if miles driven on FSD make a difference. My longer-than-average commute is all non-highway, so I probably drive more miles per day with FSD engaged than most other FSD users, and I've typically been among the first big wave for each version. However, I had to travel for most of the 10.9 time period, so I've barely driven FSD 10.9, and I wasn't included in that 10.10 wave.

Or maybe it's random. Who knows...
Naa- I never use the rock-n-roll FSD Beta in my MSP, since it’s just annoyingly rough, and I always get the latest Beta in the first 20-45 cars when a new version comes out. Who knows?

Those who know won’t talk, those who talk don’t know ;)

In the next couple days, either we’ll get a new version or the rollout will resume.
I'm definitely in the "don't know" camp, but it's been stopped for 72 hours now, so I'm getting pessimistic that it will resume. And your "couple days" could be 7-14. I hope not, but like I said, I'm getting pessimistic.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
I'm kinda coming around to the idea that Tesla is intentionally doing limited releases -- just enough people to keep their influencers engaged, and to bring in higher-quality, statistically interesting feedback, but that's it.
I don't think so. Esp. given the "recall".

It makes some sense to keep people in multiple releases to get A/B testing results - but "limited releases" are done for confirming quality before wider releases.

View attachment 765188

on 10.8.1 waiting for the next wave...
Same. But after seeing the 10.10 Chuck Cook UPL video it appears it has severe regression. Kinda glad to have a more or less stable build for now. Appears 10.9 and 10.10 have regressive behaviors, doesn’t always pay to be first in line. Beta is going through some major growing pains. Feels like these are the dark days of the program.

Our model 3 got 10.9.1 while our Y was stuck on 10.8 but when 10.10 started rolling out the Y got it pretty early. The 3 is still on 10..9.1

10.10 seems to be more cautious with curbs. We have some bike lines with raised curb separating them from the car lane. 10.10 positions further away, enough so that it will drive over the yellow line/bot dots.

Same. But after seeing the 10.10 Chuck Cook UPL video it appears it has severe regression. Kinda glad to have a more or less stable build for now. Appears 10.9 and 10.10 have regressive behaviors, doesn’t always pay to be first in line. Beta is going through some major growing pains. Feels like these are the dark days of the program.
I understand exactly what you are saying, but the idea that 10.8.1 could be called "more or less stable" boggles my mind. Because it's a mess. I kinda hope Tesla does capture audio in the clips it makes when you press "report" so they can hear the guy blasting his horn at me for taking up the very center of the road. I disengaged in plenty of time and got out of his way, but I don't blame him for being annoyed.

Elon keeps saying that they're going to finish this product this year. It reminds of the remark that 90% of the work in a software project gets done in the first half of the time, and then the second half is used for the other 90% of the work. In all seriousness, based on what I've seen of FSD so far, I think they've successfully solved about 5% of the problem. The devil is in the details, and there are an incredible number of unfinished details in the current FSD.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but the idea that 10.8.1 could be called "more or less stable" boggles my mind. Because it's a mess. I kinda hope Tesla does capture audio in the clips it makes when you press "report" so they can hear the guy blasting his horn at me for taking up the very center of the road. I disengaged in plenty of time and got out of his way, but I don't blame him for being annoyed.

Elon keeps saying that they're going to finish this product this year. It reminds of the remark that 90% of the work in a software project gets done in the first half of the time, and then the second half is used for the other 90% of the work. In all seriousness, based on what I've seen of FSD so far, I think they've successfully solved about 5% of the problem. The devil is in the details, and there are an incredible number of unfinished details in the current FSD.
Always find it interesting how release feedback varies from person to person. For "me" 10.8.1 is the easily the best release so far so you may want to amend your statement to "Because it's a mess for me":)

I’m starting to get the feeling they’ve reached a limit with the current software and/or hardware and are trying to figure out/testing what’s next. Elon said FSD beta would get better as the NN was trained, and it did up until the latest couple releases. Now we’re in a stagnant phase with limited to no improvement and even regressions.

I‘ve read that all Teslas with the FSD computer ”play” FSD whether your using it or not, and compare what the driver does to what it would do and send those variances to Tesla to train the NN. Well, it must not be that simple because how are these issues not fixed yet? There certainty not a lack of data.

FSD beta still makes common mistakes, and they’re pretty basic maneuvers, such as turning left into oncoming traffic. Not exactly edge cases. I see the current setup like trying to train a goldfish. You might be able to teach it simple tricks, and it will perform most of the time, but its not going to drive you to the store, no matter how much information you give it.

I was hoping that the price increase of FSD would coincide with a substantial increase in performance and capability, but so far that hasn’t happened yet. Maybe in the next few weeks?

“Never have “no“ in your heart”. -Joe Dirt, FSD owner.

Always find it interesting how release feedback varies from person to person. For "me" 10.8.1 is the easily the best release so far so you may want to amend your statement to "Because it's a mess for me":)
Words taken right out of my mouth :)
One’s definition of “stable” depends on your expectations and comparisons to other builds. Seeing how 10.9 reboots randomly, 10.10 also has that reboot bug and also crashes into pylons and very dangerously exposes itself to oncoming traffic on unprotected lefts, I think 10.8.1 is a superior build, if not more stable. To each his own though. Cleveland is very different from CA, too.

Reactions: pilotSteve
It is easy to judge and be patient once you get in, meanwhile some of us are left driving in “old man mode” for weeks trying to keep our score above 98.
I remember being there, and I know you probably won’t be able to relate to my advice, but you’re truly not missing out. The amount of issues makes AP/FSD borderline unusable and annoying. Between hesitations, phantom braking, switching lanes mid intersection, pinballing between lanes for no reason, and my favorite from yesterday, slamming brakes for a flashing yellow (car behind me almost ended up in my back seat) there’s just a lot of added stress to the driving experience. It’s ONLY “good” if you have a lot of patience and want to tinker with something paying extreme attention to its every move.