Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What mode ? In Chill mode I cancel once and it won't try again.
Chill. And I wasn't talking about cancelling and it trying again - it has no effect half of the time I try to cancel with the blinker stalk by pushing as if to signal the opposite direction it's currently indicating. I do also get it trying again every couple of hundred meters, but that's a different issue.

My car missed an exit again. I had notice the lane changing has calmed down a bit, but now I'm missing turns it should have made. Wonder if this is new to 10.10.2 . I don't recall this issue from 10.8.1, taping the turn signal will make it work but we shouldn't have to. Turn signals are improving but they have a tendency to not come one or forget to turn off. Minor issue I would think would get addressed.

More proof of how good this version is, I took the wife for a ride. I never told her we were in FSD, no complaints at all. Still doesn’t know we were in it.
LOL...FSD Beta has yet to pass the wife test for me. I rarely use it when she's in the car, but when I do, it inevitably comes with moans, groans and other sounds of general disgust and frustration :) . That being said, there are definitely fewer of those on this latest version than there used to be!

Sad day. My surprisingly tolerant wife, who often laughed at the car when it attempted silly things on FSD beta, has declared that she won't get FSD on her next car (Model Y), given the rate of progress she's seen with the beta. 10.10.2 has so far felt like a net step backwards. I'd venture to say it's been performing on par with 10.2 from last October. She drives a Model S and is in general bullish about Tesla advancing driving tech.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow and Ramphex
I'm on the latest build (10.10.2) and am continuing to have the same issue at the location in the image below. FSD is supposed to stop at the first STOP sign, then cross the railroad track, stop at the second STOP sign and then turn right at the T intersection there. Instead, it stops at the first sign, turns on the right blinker, crosses the railroad track slowly and then turns right at the 2nd STOP without stopping or even slowing down. The second STOP sign is present on the display visualization so it's not like the cameras don't see it. I hit the camera button everytime this happens but it has yet to be corrected. Really baffling behavior. Thoughts?

View attachment 771996
If you haven't already I would also send an email to the FSDBeta team explaining the problem. Add something in the subject line regarding "ran stop sign" or something to that affect.

My car missed an exit again. I had notice the lane changing has calmed down a bit, but now I'm missing turns it should have made. Wonder if this is new to 10.10.2 . I don't recall this issue from 10.8.1, taping the turn signal will make it work but we shouldn't have to. Turn signals are improving but they have a tendency to not come one or forget to turn off. Minor issue I would think would get addressed.
I had this happen on the highway once and found the autopilot setting for "Navigate on AutoPilot (Beta)" was disabled.

It sounds like NoA automatically revert back to simple TACC. I've seen this before where increment weather automatically down grade NoA back to TACC and misses exits if you didn't notice the pop up message stating that downgrade. The only other way to know that it's been downgraded, is your single blue line turning into a double one marking the lane edges. It's super subtle and super easy to miss. It should also have nothing to do with FSD Beta 10.X because highway is still on the publicly available AP stack. It only changes to the FSD stack when it gets back to the off-ramp and onto surface streets.

Chill. And I wasn't talking about cancelling and it trying again - it has no effect half of the time I try to cancel with the blinker stalk by pushing as if to signal the opposite direction it's currently indicating. I do also get it trying again every couple of hundred meters, but that's a different issue.
You can cancel by partial stalk push. The indicator should stop.

Does anyone have round-abouts on their drives?

There are two on my commute home. The first one it at the top of the exit ramp from the interstate, and the second is across the overpass. My car comes to a complete stop before entering them. If I try to use the gas pedal to avoid the stop when it is obvious that there are no cars around, the car flips out that I forced it to roll into the round-about. Also, the entire time in the round-about, it has the left turn signal on. Even if I disable FSD before entering the round-about, the car still flips out if I enter it without stopping first. This was true with 10.8.2 and with 10.10.2. Is this happening with everyone else? Because of this behavior on my everyday commute, I usually always use my driver profile that has FSD toggled off.

Reactions: M@dHatter
It sounds like NoA automatically revert back to simple TACC. I've seen this before where increment weather automatically down grade NoA back to TACC and misses exits if you didn't notice the pop up message stating that downgrade. The only other way to know that it's been downgraded, is your single blue line turning into a double one marking the lane edges. It's super subtle and super easy to miss. It should also have nothing to do with FSD Beta 10.X because highway is still on the publicly available AP stack. It only changes to the FSD stack when it gets back to the off-ramp and onto surface streets.
I tend to agree with that the merge behavior has changed. ...had 10.10 miss 2 merges that where fine in 10.8. FSD was driving down the merge lane with the signal on, so it was planning to change lanes, but we have many short merges in this area and this is not working as well.

There are two on my commute home. The first one it at the top of the exit ramp from the interstate, and the second is across the overpass. My car comes to a complete stop before entering them. If I try to use the gas pedal to avoid the stop when it is obvious that there are no cars around, the car flips out that I forced it to roll into the round-about. Also, the entire time in the round-about, it has the left turn signal on. Even if I disable FSD before entering the round-about, the car still flips out if I enter it without stopping first. This was true with 10.8.2 and with 10.10.2. Is this happening with everyone else? Because of this behavior on my everyday commute, I usually always use my driver profile that has FSD toggled off.
My car also stops before entering any roundabout. If there is nobody behind me it waits for a second or two before proceeding. It used to be over 5 seconds so that is some improvement. Whether I nudge the car into the roundabout depends who is behind me. The only videos I have seen where the car doesn't wait are very small roundabouts. (Blinker also goes off). The one behavior you describe that is different for me is once I nudge the car it behaves fairly well.

There is a ton of information about roundabouts in the "master" thread. Take a look.

The normal behavior is to put on the indicator, stop at the entrance of the roundabout - wait & wait ... hesitate and then navigate. This is for mapped roundabouts. When it has stopped, you can push the accelerator and most of the times it them completes the navigation quickly. But not always.

If the roundabout is not mapped, depending on how small / big it is, FSD just treats it as a curve in the road and navigates it. It won't wait for any vehicle that is coming from the left.

Don't even waste your time trying to navigate roundabouts. All of them near my house except one are mapped and trying to navigate them with FSD beta is dangerous. A single lane roundabout with no traffic is doable. But anything else is not. There is no apparent logic in FSD beta to multilane roundabouts IMO. If I'm adventurous, this is what happens. The car stops well before the intersection and puts on a right turn signal which confuses anyone driving behind me. Usually, my car will just sit there but if I tap the accelerator, it will immediately switch from the right lane to left and enter the roundabout with rapid acceleration. Then when in the roundabout it swerves across both lanes to exit.

IMO, FSD beta should never be in the left lane when entering a multilane roundabout. And it should never use the left lane in a multilane roundabout, no matter what exit it is supposed to use. These should be high level rules.

Don't even waste your time trying to navigate roundabouts. All of them near my house except one are mapped and trying to navigate them with FSD beta is dangerous. A single lane roundabout with no traffic is doable. But anything else is not. There is no apparent logic in FSD beta to multilane roundabouts IMO. If I'm adventurous, this is what happens. The car stops well before the intersection and puts on a right turn signal which confuses anyone driving behind me. Usually, my car will just sit there but if I tap the accelerator, it will immediately switch from the right lane to left and enter the roundabout with rapid acceleration. Then when in the roundabout it swerves across both lanes to exit.

IMO, FSD beta should never be in the left lane when entering a multilane roundabout. And it should never use the left lane in a multilane roundabout, no matter what exit it is supposed to use. These should be high level rules.
I've actually had FSD navigate a roundabout successfully - once (I was actually shocked that it did!) It was a single lane roundabout and there was no traffic so I could let the car take its time and I wouldn't have dared do so otherwise.

The whole point of roundabouts is to keep traffic moving, slowing down a bit but not stopping. Based on how FSD behaves at intersections I would agree with your assessment - FSD in its current state is dangerous in roundabouts.

Reactions: aronth5
You can cancel by partial stalk push. The indicator should stop.
No that's what I'm saying - that only works sometimes in my experience. I get it when it's already halfway through the maneuver that it won't cancel, but there are times that it signals early enough I push the stalk halfway and it keeps the blinker on, then I push it again and it stays on, and then I push it again and it stays on and starts changing lanes so I tap the brake pedal to disengage, and then I tap the report button.

Today's FSD joy was the minor PB event accompanied by screaming beeping. While the PB was no big deal, the loud beeping with no notification on the screen is a real mystery to me. If the car has decided, for whatever reason to sound an alarm, you'd think the car could proved some clue as to what the problem is.

Today's FSD joy was the minor PB event accompanied by screaming beeping. While the PB was no big deal, the loud beeping with no notification on the screen is a real mystery to me. If the car has decided, for whatever reason to sound an alarm, you'd think the car could proved some clue as to what the problem is.
mine didn't even come with phantom braking. The car just decided to throw up the red wheel and loud beeping until I tugged the wheel. The only thing I can think of, was I was in a rural area where it was pitch black except for the car headlights.