Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely seems like the 10.6 rollout is on hold. They pushed out ~4000 cars (based on 250 Teslascope cars and a conversion based on the fact that they had 673 on 10.3 before the rollout which was disclosed to the NHTSA as 11700 total) about 36 hours ago, and haven't done anything since.

Presumably there's some for of bug being investigated. There was a @Chazman "fishtailing" video (not a detection or planning bug, seemed like some sort of control thing) that might be it.

There was a @Chazman "fishtailing" video (not a detection or planning bug, seemed like some sort of control thing) that might be it.
If you're referring to this "fishtailing" where it temporarily wants to switch lanes:
fishtail.jpg

Seems like a "standard" FSD Beta misprediction of some sort (probably related to the Lanes network). This has happened in the past where FSD Beta incorrectly believes it's in a left turn lane and immediately wants to get to a "straight" lane, but nothing obvious in the visualization or camera view of the street ahead of what it might be confused about.

I've hit the video clip when it does something dangerous (like cross a double yellow line on a sharp turn). I'd like to set it to automatically send the video clip when it hears a scream of terror, or even something like "great Scott!, "What are you doing?!?!?," and other common reactions.

Being a beta tester is just like going out with a kid 2 weeks after they got their learners permit. I have not tested 10.6 yet, but am hoping for a 3 week learners permit level of competence. Maybe that should be a metric.

Still waiting for the update . Anyone else?
According to TeslaFi, the update rate has slowed substantially, but it could be due to the servers being dedicated to 40.6. Less than a quarter of the FSD beta cars have the 10.6 update and there are only a handful of installs pending. It'll probably pick up tonight unless Tesla found a problem with 2021.36.8.9.

Reactions: zigmeister
According to TeslaFi, the update rate has slowed substantially, but it could be due to the servers being dedicated to 40.6. Less than a quarter of the FSD beta cars have the 10.6 update and there are only a handful of installs pending. It'll probably pick up tonight unless Tesla found a problem with 2021.36.8.9.
I guess there's our answer:

Too bad most of these beta testers don't post their driving settings. Was he in chill, average, or assertive?
I’ve only been on beta since 10.5, but I have done the same drives on all 3 settings and found no difference at all. It starts and stops aggressively, and hesitates or is confident in turns the same as well. Maybe others have seen differences, but I haven’t (in phoenix, az).

Glad to read here that I am not the only beta participant who typically got the firmware fairly quickly with the rest of the group before.... Only to still be waiting for 10.6 days after the other reindeers got it. Either paused for quality issues or the group is too big to deliver without slowly releasing batches....

EDIT: Issue above is quality... Now waiting for 10.6.1