Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD-beta 2023.6.15 rollout speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone tracking if it's started rolling out? I know some were projecting this past weekend.

I keep an eye on these sites and look for the installs:

For now, I see no rollouts.

Based on the insights shared by @JHCCAZ, @KArnold, and others, it won't happen until it happens. That it to say, projections are more like prognostications. I'm hoping, but not holding my breath. Also, there are enough people who want the same, so if/when it happens, you'll likely find a notice here or in other similar threads.

I had FSDb in a 2017 Model X and was enjoying the experience of the month-by-month improvements.

Then, in March, I traded it in for a new Model Y. The Y shipped with 2023.2.100. I also didn't know at the time that my current Firmware version would prevent me from "updating" to the older (current) version FSDb and paid for a 1-month subscription since I was heading on a road trip and wanted those features.

*sigh* at least my lane changes were easier..

I see, from some of the comments above, that I'm not alone in holding off updating my car's firmware in the sad hope that the next public release of FSDb will be a higher version than mine and I can finally upgrade to it.

I applied 2023.06.11 (since it was a lower version than the FSDb 11.4 that was floating around) and have ignored the 2023.12.1 and, as of yesterday, the 2023.12.1.1 updates due to not wanting to overshoot the next FSDb version that is made available.

I do think it's a bit trashy that Tesla would accept FSD subscriptions when there is absolutely no way you will be able to gain access to the firmware.

Marc

I just subscribed to FSD, knowing that I wouldn't be able to get the beta. I want to test the other features as I only have basic autopilot installed right now.

After subscribing, I did a soft reboot and went to Controls -> Autopilot and I still don't have any of the FSD features or options.

Is there like a waiting period after subscribing before my Tesla will install the FSD features?

I just subscribed to FSD, knowing that I wouldn't be able to get the beta. I want to test the other features as I only have basic autopilot installed right now.

After subscribing, I did a soft reboot and went to Controls -> Autopilot and I still don't have any of the FSD features or options.

Is there like a waiting period after subscribing before my Tesla will install the FSD features?
I have enhanced auto pilot, so I imagine you now have something similar to what I have. Go into auto pilot settings and enable navigate on auto pilot then go drive on the highway and you’ll notice that your car will now change lanes for you if it needs to do highway, interchange, etc. also turn signals for trigger and auto pilot lane change.

Please read above. Paying the $200 is basically just for auto lane changes. Sure, you can full around with summon.. but it will only do what you want it to 1/10 times and the other 9 times that you say to a buddy “hey check this out!” Your car will end up parking itself in the middle of the parking lot forcing you to walk to it anyways. I have enjoyed having my car back up or pull forward for me using manual Summon when it’s been raining and I want to avoid stepping in a puddle, but that’s about it. As I said above, the smart summon is not ready for prime time yet.

Under Autopilot in the menu, do you have the greyed out FSD Beta button toggle with a description that”FSD Beta will be available in a future software update”?

If you do then you are about as far along as you can get. Do not allow to car to update to any software version that is not FSD to ensure that you won’t be “passed” for the next round of FSD as the software for FSD is usually very behind the non-FSD builds.

Please read above. Paying the $200 is basically just for auto lane changes. Sure, you can fill around with summon.. but it will only do what you want it to 1/10 times and the other 9 times that you say to a buddy “hey check this out!” Your car will end up parking itself in the middle of the parking lot forcing you to walk to it anyways.

Under Autopilot in the menu, do you have the greyed out FSD Beta button toggle with a description that”FSD Beta will be available in a future software update”?

If you do then you are about as far along as you can get. Do not allow to car to update to any software version that is not FSD to ensure that you won’t be “passed” for the next round of FSD as the software for FSD is usually very behind the non-FSD builds.
I paid for EAP and I quite like navigate on auto pilot and lane changes. I found it worth paying for so hopefully the $200 is worth it as well for a month.

But yeah, you won’t necessarily get access to FSD beta.

I paid for EAP and I quite like navigate on auto pilot and lane changes. I found it worth paying for so hopefully the $200 is worth it as well for a month.

But yeah, you won’t necessarily get access to FSD beta.
If you paid for EAP, then your subscription price should only be $100/month.. not $200. The $200 price is for cars that only have basic AP and want to get EAP features (NavOnAP, Summon, and Autopark) and FSD (eventually).

Cars with EAP just adding FSD access only pay $100/month

If you paid for EAP, then your subscription price should only be $100/month.. not $200. The $200 price is for cars that only have basic AP and want to get EAP features (NavOnAP, Summon, and Autopark) and FSD (eventually).

Cars with EAP just adding FSD access only pay $100/month
Yeah I’m not saying a subscription costs $200 for those with EAP.

I’m sayinng if someone without EAP pays $200 per month they get some good features over basic autopilot (equivalent to what I have with EAP). Better than I get for $100 per month (I learned the hard way).