Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD-beta 2023.6.15 rollout speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still over here waiting. Why couldn’t I have purchased the car with an older factory build? 2023.12.100 just a hair over the threshold.
Is yours a car with HW4 computer? I don't know anything about the software release numbers for HW4 versus HW43. Still waiting for confirmed reports of HW4 cars getting and working on FSD beta.

Reactions: preilly44
Is yours a car with HW4 computer? I don't know anything about the software release numbers for HW4 versus HW43. Still waiting for confirmed reports of HW4 cars getting and working on FSD beta.
This has been covered in the FSD Beta 11.x thread. 11.4.x works and is installed on some HW4 cars. However it is likely that 11.3.x is incompatible with HW4 since there are no known installs.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ
This has been covered in the FSD Beta 11.x thread. 11.4.x works and is installed on some HW4 cars. However it is likely that 11.3.x is incompatible with HW4 since there are no known installs.
So presumably, HW4 cars would not receive the 2023.12.10 software if pieces of it including FSD beta cannot run. The next question (because I don't know) is, what software versions are now running on HW4 cars?

Reactions: preilly44
So presumably, HW4 cars would not receive the 2023.12.10 software if pieces of it including FSD beta cannot run. The next question (because I don't know) is, what software versions are now running on HW4 cars?
The Beta software HW4 car's are running is 23.7.5/11.4.1 (only). Looks like if you have HW4 and missed 23.7.5 you will have to wait until we get a version of 11.4.x released again.

The pain….
IMG_0639.jpeg

OK there are a few other threads going about 2023.7.10 (fsd beta 11.4.2), but I have to ask this group that recently upgraded to 2023.12.10 (fsd beta 11.3.6) what do we know about getting 11.4.2 and how these two branches are going work or eventually merge?
Even though we have FSD beta 11.3.6 do we have to monitor updates so we don't upgrade until 2023.7.10 catches up with 2023.12.10 to get 11.4.2??
I just got FSD Beta and I am glad I did, but how are we going to keep up with the latest FSD beta updates now?

I just got FSD Beta and I am glad I did, but how are we going to keep up with the latest FSD beta updates now?
You don't keep up with anything. You are testing software for Tesla. That means that when they want you to test a new version, they'll offer it to you. I'm on the 2022.45.15 firmware and have FSD beta 11.3.6. That was the last software that was offered to me; the last software to "go wide". Note that I don't have the latest firmware that you have because it wasn't offered to me. FSD beta 11.4 also wasn't offered to me. So I continue to work with what I have and wait for Tesla to get around to creating something that they want to offer to me. That's what you'll do as well.

I'm hoping for 2023 series firmware and 11.4 series FSD beta as my next update. We'll see.

Sill confused. Once your on FSD beta now will you get the latest FSD beta even though there are two branches (2023.7.5 w/ 11.4.2 and 2023.12.10 w/ 11.3.6)?
No one knows for sure what WILL happen but as of now only people who have been on Beta get 11.4.x. Could be going forward this will continue and only long term testers will get the most current version and the masses will get the previous version that is more tested and less likely to have bugs.

Reactions: hobertg
Sill confused. Once your on FSD beta now will you get the latest FSD beta even though there are two branches (2023.7.5 w/ 11.4.2 and 2023.12.10 w/ 11.3.6)?
As long as you're on FSD (beta), you won't be offered a newer non-FSD software, so no "monitoring" of versions necessary. How they decide to merge versions?... who knows. What to do if you're subscribing and choose to unsubscribe?... then you may be offered incompatible versions again.

Reactions: jebinc and hobertg
The subscription is for FSD, which you can get on essentially any existing software (except on many-year-old Teslas of course). You don't have to get any new software to use FSD, nor for them to start charging for it.

So, "the day you get the software" is immaterial, because you already have the software that can activate stock FSD and the billing will start immediately.

Obviously though, what most people really want is FSD beta. All of the multiple discussions in multiple threads involve people who want that, but can't get it because their car is already on 2023.something. Pretty much anytime someone says
"How|When can I get FSD?",
they really mean FSD beta.

So the typical advice is don't subscribe yet (unless you're happy to pay for FSD for a while without FSD beta) and meanwhile don't let your car install updates that would advance it beyond the latest known FSD beta version (currently being 2023.6.15 = FSDb 11 4).
Not sure I understand FSD and FSD beta. I purchased MSP mid/end May and paid for FSD at purchase. I don’t have FSD beta yet, says at a future update! Do I have FSD then, meaning what? Sorry my first Tesla, really novice!