Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 5-strike strike-out auto-reset after 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Looks like after 2022.44.30.5, anyone striked out from FSD Beta after the 5-strikeout is re-allowed to activate it after 2 weeks.

1. Can someone on 2022.44.30.5 confirm they can see this language in their FSD Beta release notes? After striking out, all FSD-beta related content was removed from my release notes.

2. Will this apply to cars that striked out before the 2022.44.30.5 update? I installed mine on 12/27/22, so it hasn't been 2 weeks yet. I guess I'll find out next week.

Last edited:
Hi @kishkaru

Im in the exact same situation as you. I was suspended on Thurs Dec 22, 3 weeks ago, before the new update that says 2 weeks….

I haven’t gotten reset.. and it’s 3 weeks. So far nobody seems to have said they have been reset.
so either they forgot about us who were suspended before the change…. Or they just haven’t instituted the 2 week thing…. Or because we were suspended before the update we have to wait…for the next update.

i do hope they didn’t forget about those suspended before the update. Let me know if you get FSD back or hear something.

I lost FSD when they came out with the steering wheel weight detection. I lost it before anyone else knew about it. In fact this was before they actually had a prompt/text displayed to the driver about it.

I immediately created a service request.

I’ve been to two service centers since before thanksgiving regarding the issue.

The first gave me the runaround.

The second, the service manager did look into it and ultimately came back with data about how my car had detected a weight. So they’re clearly keeping a ton of data logs on the vehicles. I even have his cell phone.

He told me nothing he can do, but he did say the latest version is supposed to reset after a certain time period. He said that if I didn’t see any progress within a month to get back in touch. I’ve got about another week and a half until that month timeframe.

He unfortunately didn’t have a ton of information about what was going on and actually mentioned the way he gets a lot of info is via Elons tweets.

I know the service centers can reset the FSD but they seem to draw a super hard line. It must be hardware related. I know this because I had my windshield replaced by Tesla and they didn’t put the cabin camera back properly. So that caused me to get a bunch of strikes. I was able to replicate that issue with them and they ultimately reset the strikes.

All that being said…
I have not been reset either, despite having the newest version 30.5 for over two weeks.

I used FSD everyday, I am super disappointed and everyday check the car to see if I can opt back in…. But FSD is still greyed out :(

Let’s us susoended guys keep in touch. I’m in the 4th week now with no reset. But I got my suspension before this software version was installed.

im hoping the next version resets if it doesn’t do it on its own.

Lets update this thread if anyone is reset automativalley.

I wonder if it’s a software push, something in the car, or someth8ng else that does it. Do you get a warning when it’s restored? Do you need to reboot the car?

Just wondering and can’t wait to have it back

i still get weight warning indications when I don’t have a weight at all.

Reactions: MTOman
Yup, just installed 2022.44.30.10 (FSD Beta 10.69.25.2) and can confirm FSD Beta release notes are back, and can re-activate FSD under Autopilot settings.
This is great news! From what I read on notatesla it looks like the 2 week reset really means thst every update they will do a reset.

in any case once I get back to my car I will make sure never to get a strike!

Reactions: BeansBeans