Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 5-strike strike-out auto-reset after 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I only had 1 strike left, I forced a strike at the end of a drive, just before not needing to drive for a week, so it would reset. It did reset the strikes after a week.

I find I get the warnings every few minutes even though I am paying attention to the road and both hands are on wheel, simply because not enough torque. And warning within seconds if I am looking at the screen for 3 to 4 sec to adjust climate or check an auto-lane change side camera (blind spot) preview - camera is very sensitive to eyes-on-screen.

The initial blue warning flash to apply torque / look at road is quite small, and easy to miss from my peripheral vision, so I am often glancing at the screen to ensure not flashing - which is counter to safety.

Applying torque to prove I'm paying attention - I overshoot and disengages FSD/autopilot, so I use the scroll wheel up/down a click.

Indeed on MY 2022 I have taken to "defensively" scrolling the left scroll wheel (which I have set to volume) up and down one click every half minute or so.

The nags and strikes are annoying and distracting and counter to safety. It would be better to have a rolling window for strikes to be removed after a week or two or after x miles of driving.