Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Autopilot options missing after installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for everyone posting their fixes, I tried each one and unfortunately none have worked for me.

10.4 was pushed to my M3 8 days ago and have not been able to activate the beta features. I was hoping that 10.5 software could resolve my issues, but as of this morning I haven't received the updated software.

I've sent an email to the beta team hoping that they can resolve the issue (fingers crossed)
Any luck with this yet?

If not, could we get you to post a picture of your Autopilot settings tab?

Any luck with this yet?

If not, could we get you to post a picture of your Autopilot settings tab?
Nothing yet, I didn't expect anything to happen during the holiday.

Here is my Autopilot settings tab:
IMG_2037.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Nothing yet, I didn't expect anything to happen during the holiday.

Here is my Autopilot settings tab:
View attachment 738161
Well, shoot. I was hoping that the screen shot would show that you just needed to make a couple of selections in order to be on your way with FSD Beta, but yeah... instead, it shows that you're stuck in the limbo quite a few guys have had to deal with; FSD Beta is installed, but you're not able to turn the damn thing on.

You did mention you tried the fixes... Just wanted to make sure you tried the one rather unorthodox fix that seems to have worked for quite a few guys. That is, doing the two scroll button reset while the vehicle is in motion. And before someone beats me to it, better put in the disclaimer to be extremely careful while doing so.

You could also trying a hard reset, which involves disconnecting both high and low voltage batteries, but no idea if it'll help, and there are some associated risks with doing so. There's a thread here somewhere that takes you through the process step by step. I don't have a bookmark to it handy, though it shouldn't be too hard to find if you're interested.

Well, shoot. I was hoping that the screen shot would show that you just needed to make a couple of selections in order to be on your way with FSD Beta, but yeah... instead, it shows that you're stuck in the limbo quite a few guys have had to deal with; FSD Beta is installed, but you're not able to turn the damn thing on.

You did mention you tried the fixes... Just wanted to make sure you tried the one rather unorthodox fix that seems to have worked for quite a few guys. That is, doing the two scroll button reset while the vehicle is in motion. And before someone beats me to it, better put in the disclaimer to be extremely careful while doing so.

You could also trying a hard reset, which involves disconnecting both high and low voltage batteries, but no idea if it'll help, and there are some associated risks with doing so. There's a thread here somewhere that takes you through the process step by step. I don't have a bookmark to it handy, though it shouldn't be too hard to find if you're interested.

Limbo indeed, I have also tried the reset while in motion to no avail. No interest in a deep battery dive to obtain beta software, but thanks for the info.

I sent a fresh email to the FSD beta team this morning, I'll let them sort it out (fingers still crossed)

I just received 10.5 today. (My first FSD beta). I have the same issue as RanDay. Screen looks the same, and stuck in Limbo. Hopefully it gets resolved, but this post isn’t making me hopeful! What is the FSD support email?

P.S. - I did just install a Tesla app 4.3.1 that popped up today. When I get back out to my car, will see if that matters.

Same with me as well. No fsd option inder autopilot. Software version 2021.36.8.8 installed with fsd beta 10.5 though. What to do?

Attachments

• 6157046D-06F7-4438-A02C-65F6C69D9333.jpeg
    6157046D-06F7-4438-A02C-65F6C69D9333.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 75
  • CAC3E980-6565-45D5-B02B-FF23DE5B60A7.jpeg
    CAC3E980-6565-45D5-B02B-FF23DE5B60A7.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 65
Ok, I got it working! If nothing else has worked for you in this post, try this…

It tried so many things without it working that I doubt this is a total fluke. This worked after nothing else did.

1. I did a “Hard reset” (while not driving). Push and hold both sticks while holding the brake pedal. Hold everything down until the T logo comes back up on the main screen. (Probably 30-40s). - note, this did not fix it, but just being detailed about everything I did in order.

2. Let the car sit for ~20m - I didn’t do this on purpose, just had to go inside.

3. Get in the car and start driving. When at a light, or safe place, open autopilot options and turn off every single toggle on the autopilot screen. Close options menu.

4. While driving again, hold both sticks to reset the car.

When the car came back from the reset I was parked, I open up autopilot options and they were fixed and the correct toggle was now there. Park the car (if not already) and turn every toggle back on (including the previously missing FSD beta toggle). Agree to all disclaimers.

After all this, the GPS had locked up, so I couldn’t enable it on the first drive, but another reset holding both sticks fixed that. It now seems like everything is on with new visualizations showing up. I posted this as soon as I got home and have not actually tried it yet, but things are looking up!

I hope this works for others, I am not 100% sure what part of the process made the difference.

Reactions: ABerry
Ok, I got it working! If nothing else has worked for you in this post, try this…

It tried so many things without it working that I doubt this is a total fluke. This worked after nothing else did.

1. I did a “Hard reset” (while not driving). Push and hold both sticks while holding the brake pedal. Hold everything down until the T logo comes back up on the main screen. (Probably 30-40s). - note, this did not fix it, but just being detailed about everything I did in order.

2. Let the car sit for ~20m - I didn’t do this on purpose, just had to go inside.

3. Get in the car and start driving. When at a light, or safe place, open autopilot options and turn off every single toggle on the autopilot screen. Close options menu.

4. While driving again, hold both sticks to reset the car.

When the car came back from the reset I was parked, I open up autopilot options and they were fixed and the correct toggle was now there. Park the car (if not already) and turn every toggle back on (including the previously missing FSD beta toggle). Agree to all disclaimers.

After all this, the GPS had locked up, so I couldn’t enable it on the first drive, but another reset holding both sticks fixed that. It now seems like everything is on with new visualizations showing up. I posted this as soon as I got home and have not actually tried it yet, but things are looking up!

I hope this works for others, I am not 100% sure what part of the process made the difference.
I'm going to give that a shot next. The service center is re-pushing the firmware for me now. I tried unplugging like Asher suggested with no change