Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta - Hands & human drivers being unsafe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Worried and Confused, take the keys away from your car until it passes Drivers Ed and earns its license. Parenting can be hard...” Abby

Dear Abby,
Thanks for the hands-on advice. You really steered me in the right direction. But I'm still not sure how to know when my car is ready. Would a serious come to Jesus talk help?
Worried and Confused in Montana

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
This issue is reaction time. The critical maneuvers do not have a lot of leeway. You need to give the FSD Beta some time to do the right thing which leaves the human driver very little time to realize the car is not going to do the right thing and for the human driver to actually correct the cars movement.

This FSD Beta needs much more attention of the human safety drivers than the previous style Tesla FSD.

Human driver full attention (like the human was actually driving) and hands on the wheel at all times.

The reality is in most emergency situations the important thing is hit the brakes as fast as possible .. and the car has no monitoring at all for your feet.

Reactions: 1 person