Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like over 11k people on FSDbeta.

I started taking FSDbeta out at night when traffic was minimal and I ran into a bunch of problems like phantom braking and random slow-downs. It's been >1 week and it's gotten so much better. Last night was absolutely perfect, even after disabling auto high-beams.

Speculating--
I don't think FSDbeta's NNs get reset before/after each drive. This makes it harder to repro issues, unfortunately.

Some NNs output probabilities so I'm thinking weights get updated adaptively resulting in better predictions the more you drive (less likely to brake unexpectedly in this case). So if FSDbeta braked and the driver performed an override then FSDbeta knows it made an error and adjusts its NNs to reduce the likelyhood of making that same error.

I want to see what happens with 10.3.1 to 10.4. I wonder if my 10.3.1's NN states are going to be used for initializing 10.4 NNs or do they get reset to some default and I need to drive around for a bit. It's going to be hard to tell as 10.4 NNs are probably going to change.

FSD beta is and has been mind blowing, if you consider what's going on under the hood and the improvements they've made. As for the driving part, if you've been following my posts, I never thought it was ready for public consumption, even now it's hard to believe they're continuing to expand the beta.

1636163030914.png

Reactions: powertoold
10.4's unprotected left turn logic through cross traffic seems bad in the videos. There were multiple instances of it creeping and stopping in the middle of the road. Seems like a regression to version 10.0 or thereabouts (for the ULT logic).

Not impressed so far, although preparation for turns seems smoother based on the steering wheel. Will have to wait to get it in my own car to assess.

Reactions: nativewolf
FSD Beta is the only software I’ve seen with release notes where I have almost no clue what half the stuff even means in terms of impact when actually using the product

If you Google some of the exact wording used here within quotations, literally the only results are parsed notes from this patch

Pretty good drive for Frenchie. A couple of dumb mistakes by the car, but mostly pretty good if a bit slow and hesitant at times. It’s actually improved a ton for him from when he first got the Beta and he had constant disengagements, a lot trying to avoid curbing his wheels on turns and a few where his car would literally turn so sharply on lefts that his car would go into the oncoming lane.

Reactions: n.one.one
My normal test loop from my neighborhood. Got a bad phantom brake due to shadow across road at 3:40 otherwise no interventions at the intersections.

Intersection at 9:30 it would creep literally through the entire thing on 10.3.1, I went to proceed with the pedal on 10.4 and before I could the car decided to go. I’m calling that an improvement.

Lots of wheel movement pulling into my neighborhood, a regression from 10.3.1

Reactions: powertoold