Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Early Access is getting another FSD Beta update:

WRBbrTf.png

• Informative
Reactions: wjax and powertoold
#FSDBeta 7 2020.48.10.1
This is a video trying to show what is visible on unprotected left turns from the B Pillar camera. I have mounted a GoPro externally trying to show both views at the same time.
I made this up to complement the distances and secs that the Pillar ("Forward Looking Side Cameras") see -- eg. unprotected left turn example.
[I think I got the picture camera names and the table values correlated correctly and if not someone will help out].
05LgFPJ.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: favo and n.one.one
I made this up to complement the distances and secs that the Pillar ("Forward Looking Side Cameras") see -- eg. unprotected left turn example.
[I think I got the picture camera names and the table values correlated correctly and if not someone will help out].
05LgFPJ.jpg
Hey scottf200. Nice info but please double check the distances. It looks like the graphic indicates the B pillar camera range is 80 meters and the main forward camera is 150 meters. The changes would obviously change your calculated times. I'm going to be very embarrassed if I've gotten this wrong.

Hey scottf200. Nice info but please double check the distances. It looks like the graphic indicates the B pillar camera range is 80 meters and the main forward camera is 150 meters. The changes would obviously change your calculated times. I'm going to be very embarrassed if I've gotten this wrong.
Great eye. My original source was wrong so I checked a couple of others. I think the below is more correct now.
I added this in case more are needed: 'Via: TMC scottf200 | v2 | 24-Dec-2020 1:00am'

Qs4Ov6D.jpg

#FSDBeta 7 2020.48.10.1
This is a video trying to show what is visible on unprotected left turns from the B Pillar camera. I have mounted a GoPro externally trying to show both views at the same time.

1:55
Based on Tesla's Model Y picture for the B Pillar camera. Here's my attempt to show the intersection at 80m range
80m.jpg

#FSDBeta 7 2020.48.10.1
In the past I have questioned/debated the lack of cameras and/or radars on the 4 corners and how the B-pillars and Repeaters were fixed and not able to see around blocking objects far enough to back out or pull out in the way we humans do. The real world is full of these problems and our crazy swiveling, leaning, cockeyed head has an advantage over a fixed position.

Last edited: