Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Frenchie , how often do you guys receive communications from the AP team? I'm curious why this next build is taking so much longer than the previous ones. Have they given you any indication when to expect FSD 10?

I'm afraid, I don't have visibility on when the next build will be pushed or when it will be released to the public. We only get notified when a new build will be pushed to our car. I'm super grateful and lucky to be part of the testers so I'm trying not to be too annoying/demanding. So to that regard, I have as much info as you all have (i.e. not much)

still nothing for those of us that paid for FSD four long years ago.....

Tesla doesn't care about us and never has, that's why they've repeatedly misled and outright lied to us (it's only been three years for me, so maybe I shouldn't say 'us', since you're in the more extreme category of "people Tesla has screwed").

But… if we can get a couple hundred thousand followers on social media or they think we might be able to, maybe they'll throw us a bone!

Tesla doesn't care about us and never has, that's why they've repeatedly misled and outright lied to us (it's only been three years for me, so maybe I shouldn't say 'us', since you're in the more extreme category of "people Tesla has screwed").

But… if we can get a couple hundred thousand followers on social media or they think we might be able to, maybe they'll throw us a bone!
Yea - I mean we've got the only cars in the world that push out meaningful updates over the air so I understand all the whining.

My car has improved substantially since the day I bought it so I'm pretty pleased.

Yea - I mean we've got the only cars in the world that push out meaningful updates over the air so I understand all the whining.

My car has improved substantially since the day I bought it so I'm pretty pleased.

How very nice for you. Mine has yet to do what I paid for despite being a large fraction of the way through its useful lifespan.

Video games and queef noises are cute distractions for people who care about such things. I do not.

@mspisars You seem to disagree with very nearly every one of my posts in this forum. Care to contribute to the conversation, or just going to be judgmental from the sidelines?
Damn there's a lot of people on here that are sensitive to the "disagree" button...

My contribution to your post is the disagree. I think the context is pretty clear.

And the post above yours is rated like... Because I agree with his statement, should I have to explain myself to you for that one as well?
Or am I allowed to judge his posts from the sidelines?

Damn there's a lot of people on here that are sensitive to the "disagree" button...

My contribution to your post is the disagree. I think the context is pretty clear.

And the post above yours is rated like... Because I agree with his statement, should I have to explain myself to you for that one as well?
Or am I allowed to judge his posts from the sidelines?

I'm not sensitive, I'm observant. The system gives notifications for reactions and I see your name a lot in them.

You're a grown ass person who can make their own decisions, just thought I'd give you an opportunity to chime in if you didn't feel like there's been an opening for you.

• Disagree
Reactions: jdr93
How very nice for you. Mine has yet to do what I paid for despite being a large fraction of the way through its useful lifespan.

Video games and queef noises are cute distractions for people who care about such things. I do not.
As a point of reference, my October 2018 Model 3 has better range, better braking, better UI, MUCH better Autopilot functionality, Nav On Autopilot, better safety features, and the list goes on. All due to OTAs after my purchase.

I respect everyone's opinion, but for me, my FSD purchase when I bought the car is worth the money. It has saved me at least a half dozen times from an imminent accident. No, it is not yet true full self driving but I am ok with that. I knew exactly what I was and was not buying at the time. I have NEVER gotten the impression that Tesla does not care about me. Quite the contrary.

Of course other's opinions will vary, but it seems this thread was getting a bit one sided.

Dan

I might agree with you if video games and fart noises were the only updates pushed to my car but it's such a small percentage of the updates that it's almost comical that you chose to use these examples to make your point.

@mspisars has contributed multiple times to this thread. The disagree/dislike button is there for a reason as it communicates to the group and other readers succinctly and without need for clarification. There is no need for a reply to every post. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but if someone on here is going to say their vehicle has not improved at all over 2 years, I’m not sure what I can say to change their mind. We have two 3s and have seen enormous improvements in the UI, functionality, AP, regen with hold brake, and the list goes on. To pretend like all you got was games and noises is ludicrous in my mind.

@mspisars has contributed multiple times to this thread. The disagree/dislike button is there for a reason as it communicates to the group and other readers succinctly and without need for clarification. There is no need for a reply to every post. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but if someone on here is going to say their vehicle has not improved at all over 2 years, I’m not sure what I can say to change their mind. We have two 3s and have seen enormous improvements in the UI, functionality, AP, regen with hold brake, and the list goes on. To pretend like all you got was games and noises is ludicrous in my mind.

The thread is about FSD. That is why I bought the car, and that's what I'm waiting for.

Reactions: jdr93
jan 2018.
First, did you get HW3 retrofit?

August 2018 (6 months after you got the car) - Navigate on Autopilot Introducing Navigate on Autopilot
February 2019 - Sentry Mode (based on Autopilot hardware) Sentry Mode: Guarding Your Tesla
September 2019 - Smart Summon - Introducing Software Version 10.0

Those are just the major releases v9 & v10
April 2020 - Traffic Light & Stop Sign Control - Tesla begins wide release of Autopilot Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

And in between they have improved what has been released, like no need to confirm every green traffic light only if you are the lead car, etc.

Reactions: WattPwr
First, did you get HW3 retrofit?

August 2018 (6 months after you got the car) - Navigate on Autopilot Introducing Navigate on Autopilot
February 2019 - Sentry Mode (based on Autopilot hardware) Sentry Mode: Guarding Your Tesla
September 2019 - Smart Summon - Introducing Software Version 10.0

Those are just the major releases v9 & v10
April 2020 - Traffic Light & Stop Sign Control - Tesla begins wide release of Autopilot Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

And in between they have improved what has been released, like no need to confirm every green traffic light only if you are the lead car, etc.

Hardware retrofit, yes.

Nav on autopilot is an Enhanced Autopilot feature.
Sentry mode: Eh, it's neat I guess but doesn't do anything for the driving.
Smart summon: Enhanced Autopilot feature.

Traffic light and stop sign control is the only actual FSD feature they've released. It's fine, and nice to see that they released *something*.

I'm not saying the car hasn't improved (there have been lots of improvement, and autopilot itself works MUCH better than it did 3 years ago), but ultimately I paid for the ability to have my car drive me places without me having to supervise, touch the wheel, etc. That hasn't happened and it's increasingly clear it's not going to happen within the next several years, and I'm already at the point where I'd normally sell the car and buy a new one. I'd like to get a Model Y, but I'm not going to buy FSD again since I've already been burned once, and I'm not going to buy without it because there's no way I'm going to *downgrade* from the feature set I have now… I am an angry customer and disappointed with a lot of things, but Nav on Autopilot and Autopilot lane changes are not something I want to give up.

Ultimately though the big problem I have is that Elon/Tesla has repeatedly overpromised and underdelivered, including outright *lying* to early FSD buyers about what they're going to do as penance for previous overpromising and underdelivering.

Nav on autopilot is an Enhanced Autopilot feature.
Sentry mode: Eh, it's neat I guess but doesn't do anything for the driving.
Smart summon: Enhanced Autopilot feature.
Ah, you're one of those.... okay.
So, first you bought a car with a set hardware and the manufacturer upgraded it to a better set of hardware at THEIR own cost....

Second, these are features that did not exist when you bought the car and exist on your car now. (and Sentry Mode has caught a ton of break ins and prevented more)

But you have a good life!