Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.44.10.2 - Midtown Sacramento - 33:48 - Brandon M

Lol, whenever I find myself getting too excited from watching other people’s vids and thinking a wide release is imminent, I just watch a video from Brandon for a splash of freezing cold water to my face to wake me up. So many screwups and disengagements, both from a comfort and a safety point of view. Really strange how the car shows the visualization of the weird ass “roundabouts” Brandon has in Sac, but then it tries to drive straight over the concrete circle. Also strange how the car is showing cones blocking off the right hand lanes of a street properly, but it decides to try to change lanes to the right onto the sidewalk to avoid them.

On OpenStreetMap the roundabouts that Brandon has trouble with look like:

QifZQF7.png

Possibly it's having trouble because it thinks it needs to follow the circular path when really no human driver would follow this tiny circle that closely.

I edited the next closest roundabout to have paths that are much more like a normal intersection. FSD needs to be able to handle the original mapping but this might help if they pull new data from OpenStreetMap.

m2YFg8n.png

whenever I find myself getting too excited from watching other people’s vids and thinking a wide release is imminent, I just watch a video from Brandon for a splash of freezing cold water to my face to wake me up
Given that Tesla added some more people to the private beta while not addressing many of Brandon's issues, I wonder how wide the deployment will get before fixing certain problems like roundabouts. Although it looks like roundabouts aren't working for Dirty Tesla either even though they look more like the ones that have worked for other testers.

Reactions: n.one.one
Given that Tesla added some more people to the private beta while not addressing many of Brandon's issues, I wonder how wide the deployment will get before fixing certain problems like roundabouts. Although it looks like roundabouts aren't working for Dirty Tesla either even though they look more like the ones that have worked for other testers.
There is clearly a roundabout problem on this beta version but since it seemed to work on earlier beta versions we can hope it will be fixed relatively quickly.

There is clearly a roundabout problem on this beta version but since it seemed to work on earlier beta versions we can hope it will be fixed relatively quickly.

I'm not sure about the new version causing new problems. DirtyTesla's roundabout is completely missing from OpenStreetMap and appears to be brand new (not even visible yet in Google or Bing satellite images).

This appears to be another case of bad map data overriding vision. Interestingly, the roundabout is mapped correctly on Google even without satellite images. I will try to fix OpenStreetMap in a bit.

Google:

LdczKfd.png

Current OpenStreetMap:

9plBVXK.png

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS and mt09