Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy *sugar* at that close call.
This is what i mean by safety disengagement. This shows you how good other sdc cars are because they can go ~35k miles without these kinds of disengagements in Cali.

Would a crash like that even cause a airbag deployment and count as an FSD Beta accident? I don't think so.

Last edited:
This is what i mean by safety disengagement. The shows you how good other sdc cars are because they can go ~35k miles without these kinds of disengagement.

Will a crash like that even cause a airbag deployment and count as an accident? I don't think so.
That guy has is hands flapping away. Should be disqualified immediately.

This is what i mean by safety disengagement. The shows you how good other sdc cars are because they can go ~35k miles without these kinds of disengagement.

Will a crash like that even cause a airbag deployment and count as an accident? I don't think so.

Why on earth were they letting it continue? These testers are nuts. There's zero value in letting it do the wrong thing for any period of time at all. Except maybe for clicks. Mission Accomplished, I guess? Should have intervened around 5:45 or 5:46 as it deviated from the correct path.

~4:30
"Kind of feels like being driven around with an Uber. Occasionally my Uber makes some mistakes."

"Right up on par with an average Uber driver."

"Honestly!"

Last edited:
Why on earth were they letting it continue? These testers are nuts. There's zero value in letting it do the wrong thing for any period of time at all. Except maybe for clicks. Mission Accomplished, I guess?

To me this is the number one problem with the FSD Beta, and why it's definitely going to result in more than a few accidents.

There is just no way it won't given the combination of how premature the SW is combined with the behaviors of some of the FSD Beta testers. It's just a numbers game at this point.

The Beta Testers should be driving first, and taking over as soon as it does ANYTHING that a normal human driver wouldn't do (like you're advocating). Instead they're talking, waving their hands, fumbling with recording stuff and worst of all failing for the "lets see what it does" death trap.

What's totally bonkers is they KNOW they should be vigilant at all times, but being on YouTube somehow takes precedence.

If/when I get the FSD Beta:

I'm not going to record anything
I'm not going to use it with anyone else in the car -> This is mostly a personal thing to maximize my attention on driving.
I'm not even going to test it out on anything difficult, and instead I'm going to ruthless about perfecting my 9 mile commute to work. I'll just report over, and over until its perfect for the drive to work. The way home has construction that is totally unsafe even for manually driven cars. Things like barely painted lines, sudden shifts, and other insanity. Things that will cause accidents and it just shows what a joke out entire infrastructure is without adding autonomous cars to the mix.

After a couple weeks or so they'll be so sick of me that they'll revoke it.

This is what i mean by safety disengagement. The shows you how good other sdc cars are because they can go ~35k miles without these kinds of disengagement in Cali.

Will a crash like that even cause a airbag deployment and count as an FSD Beta accident? I don't think so.
You can't have ~35k miles between safety disengagements on a L2 vehicle because that would lead to some serious accidents as no one is going to pay attention for 34,999 miles.

The safest element of the FSD Beta is how awful it is.

This is what i mean by safety disengagement. This shows you how good other sdc cars are because they can go ~35k miles without these kinds of disengagements in Cali.

Would a crash like that even cause a airbag deployment and count as an FSD Beta accident? I don't think so.
I love how it says "FSD Barely Avoids Metal Pole", but it didn't.

The driver avoided the pole.

Why wasn't the pole detected? Supposedly it has 3D voxels so it should be able to see a pole right in front of it.

Usually the FSD Beta failures are routing, and path planning related, but this seems to be a failure to even detect the pole.

Supposedly it has 3D voxels so it should be able to see a pole right in front of it.
Those are not turned on according to the dudes on Twitter. They had to turn them on.

Probably results in constant phantom braking when enabled. Ghosts everywhere, especially this time of year. 👻

I'm fairly confident that FSD Beta cannot see many fixed objects. For example, posts. Probably boulders too. Etc.

I had a close unprotected left like the ones Chuck bailed on. I thought it was close, but was prepared to use the accelerator. It made it without intervention, but it was stressful. No horns, so I guess the other cars were ok with it.
pretty much all of the ones Chuck bailed on except for one would be ones I probably would have gone on myself, just gunning it to easily clear. The one I probably wouldn’t have gone on was the one where there was a much bigger gap after the next car passed, so I would have waited.

To me this is the number one problem with the FSD Beta, and why it's definitely going to result in more than a few accidents.

There is just no way it won't given the combination of how premature the SW is combined with the behaviors of some of the FSD Beta testers. It's just a numbers game at this point.

The Beta Testers should be driving first, and taking over as soon as it does ANYTHING that a normal human driver wouldn't do (like you're advocating). Instead they're talking, waving their hands, fumbling with recording stuff and worst of all failing for the "lets see what it does" death trap.

What's totally bonkers is they KNOW they should be vigilant at all times, but being on YouTube somehow takes precedence.

If/when I get the FSD Beta:

I'm not going to record anything
I'm not going to use it with anyone else in the car -> This is mostly a personal thing to maximize my attention on driving.
I'm not even going to test it out on anything difficult, and instead I'm going to ruthless about perfecting my 9 mile commute to work. I'll just report over, and over until its perfect for the drive to work. The way home has construction that is totally unsafe even for manually driven cars. Things like barely painted lines, sudden shifts, and other insanity. Things that will cause accidents and it just shows what a joke out entire infrastructure is without adding autonomous cars to the mix.

After a couple weeks or so they'll be so sick of me that they'll revoke it.
Yep. I’ve fallen in love with Beta over the past week precisely because I don’t treat it as FSD, but as a driver aid so I intervene smoothly anytime I feel it’s even a bit iffy, either goosing the go pedal if it slows or taking over the steering if it starts faltering or cancelling what I feel is an unnecessary lane change. I did a little of the “let’s see what the car does” when I first got it, but only at night with no other cars around. I really, really like using Beta right now so I really, really, really hope dumbasses don‘t get it stripped from me.