Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD going up 8/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't upgrade from EAP to FSD during the $2000 "sale", but have bought $2000 worth of Tesla stock when it hit recent lows. So far I'm happy with the decision. If having FSD makes Teslas worth $100,000-200,000 as Elon Musk predicts and a FSD upgrade from EAP costs $10,000+ I expect I'll still be happy with the decision.

FSD still doesn’t have any features my car doesn’t already have. I fully expect another $2k sale happening for EAP users after new features are released.

That seems...highly unlikely...after what happened the one time they ran such a sale.

EAP is supposed to have full enhanced summon and light recognition.

Enhanced summon yes- stoplights no.

(I mean, it has whatever "your car might NOTICE you are running a red light, but not actually DO anything about it" feature that all AP2+ cars have now- but it's not getting the FSD "Will actually stop and go based on what stop lights are telling it" coming later this year.

I suspect I’ll have 60k miles on my car before any new, not EAP, features are out and not insanely buggy. Not worth 6 or 7k to me

The stoplight one above, plus same for stop signs, plus auto driving on local roads, all coming this year (allegedly) and only to FSD cars.

I've been wondering what they're going to do when someone turns in their leased vehicle that included FSD and they demand a refund.

I'm guessing the consumer will easily lose that battle but I think it's going to be a headache for Tesla.

Well, we are getting close to when the October 2016 leases would be up. Should be interesting.

I'm curious,does anyone know what the current full FSD upgrade path/price is for 2018 Model 3's that were bought without EAP?

Tesla.com -> Tesla Account -> Manage.
The "Shop" section at the bottom will show exactly what's available for your car right now. For me, having already purchased AP, it only shows a $6k FSD option (which still stupidly says "Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really." then it goes to claim later this year "Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs. Automatic driving on city streets". I'm sure the first part is wrong and pretty sure the second will be wrong (but I'm hoping not).

I've been wondering what they're going to do when someone turns in their leased vehicle that included FSD and they demand a refund.

I'm guessing the consumer will easily lose that battle but I think it's going to be a headache for Tesla.
Well, we are getting close to when the October 2016 leases would be up. Should be interesting.
Yep! I'm guessing since Tesla's already delivered NOA and Automatic Lane Changes that no refunds will be granted. The ONLY case that someone could have is if the Enhanced Summon isn't delivered before a lease expires and then maybe they will be awarded a partial refund.

Makes me wonder if these aren't the "beta" folks that Tesla is rolling this feature out to so they can't say they never got it??! LOL!

Yep! I'm guessing since Tesla's already delivered NOA and Automatic Lane Changes that no refunds will be granted. The ONLY case that someone could have is if the Enhanced Summon isn't delivered before a lease expires and then maybe they will be awarded a partial refund.

0 of those features were part of FSD in 2016...(or 2017 or 2018 or even the first couple months of 2019)- they were all EAP features (enhanced summon included)

• Love
Reactions: Az_Rael
eed479664277e662a7f38f3dcc098f6c0af4539bbf159999d4ede97dbabfdd37.jpg

Yeah, I have EAP and sort of “regret” (sort of) not getting the FSD for $2,400 (whatever it cost in Canada) but on my account page it is now showing as $7,900 to get FSD. That is definitely NOT going to happen. (At least not until I can see what it is capable of.)

Enhanced summon (which may never even be available in Canada) is supposed to be part of EAP.

Reactions: Booner_k
IMO, Tesla is going about the pricing the wrong way. They should stop reducing the price of the car because they really don't have to. The car itself is a huge success but not because of AP or FSD. It is just a much better car compared to the rest of the market. Fun to drive, Fuel savings, EV performance, futuristic cabin, etc. They should spend more time advertising and educating non-EV enthusiasts. Usually one test drive in the car is all it takes to realize this.

The FSD vaporware is what should be less money at this point. Personally, I would only pay about $1k for FSD at this point. If the system does not drive better than I can myself then it is not worth it to me. Also, who the heck knows how long it will take. We may be onto a Model 4 or something by then.

Reactions: Octo
The way to increase demand for something that you are currently producing (and therefore must get rid of to make money) i.e. the cars is to decrease prices. So Tesla did that, or at least offset some of the effective price increase caused by the reduction in tax credit.
The way to increase demand for something that doesn't exist yet and that people are not buying (i.e. FSD) is to convince them that they will want it and that it will be more expensive later. It sounds like Tesla understands how to create demand for products. Take that short sellers!

Reactions: MaryAnning3