Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know FSD is optional as the hardware comes with the vehicle but software is optional. I know I can get subscription whenever I want it activated.
Why would someone pay 10k upfront to get the software rights? And then In future if I sell my vehicle with paid FSD is it transferable?

• Disagree
Reactions: mark95476
Why you don't want the FSD:

1. Expensive
2. Most of the features are gimmicks
3. People who use the FSD are paranoid while using it (Isn't it supposed to put less stress on human??)
4. People who argue it will pay off in 4 years, but after 4 years, your hardware might not even be compatible or very slow to run the latest and greatest software versions.
5. You are basically paying Tesla for R&D.

Upvote 0
You just don’t get it.

We know its not finished yet. By purchasing fsd now you are saying yes this is something I want, I don’t know when it will be available but I’m investing in it now because I believe its not a matter of IF it will happen but WHEN will it be completed.

Tesla does not predict the timing well for things they want to do, but in the end they do get there.

Upvote 0
Tesla does not predict the timing well for things they want to do, but in the end they do get there.
The autowipers in my 2019 MS are still in beta mode. When do you think they’ll “get there”?
You really think Tesla is working hard on FSD since they laid off their San Mateo AP team?
It’s all about marketing, as long as suckers keep drinking the Kool-Aid Elon will keep making $12k extra on every car.

• Disagree
Reactions: honoraryorange
Upvote 0
You just don’t get it.

We know its not finished yet. By purchasing fsd now you are saying yes this is something I want, I don’t know when it will be available but I’m investing in it now because I believe its not a matter of IF it will happen but WHEN will it be completed.

I get it completely. That "investment" is a hard pass for me.

Upvote 0
You just don’t get it.

I agree 100% on this, it’s work in progress and if you are owning your vehicle for the longer term could be a very shrewd purchase now.

Upvote 0
I paid 5k for the advanced tech package in my 2010 Prius, it was L2 autonomy. Lane keep assist, Lane departure assist (steered you back into the lane of you went out of the lines without a blinker on), dynamic cruise control, auto parking (had to keep foot lightly on the brake to control speed), automatic emergency braking, a pre- collision system which would pretension the seat belts if a collision was imminent, and LED headlights. WAY ahead of its time for 2010.

I was happy to support the tech, after all most of it was safety tech. Nowadays a lot of that stuff is standard. I sold it and got a Tesla, I originally planned on getting FSD, but decided against it mainly because I enjoy driving and it wasn't adding anything I wanted.

Everyone is different and I salute those that help push the tech further.

Upvote 0