Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD just increased price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still say: Take whatever you think FSD is worth, $5K? Put it into Tesla stock now and wait. If Tesla actually releases a real FSD system to the public that actually works, the stock price will go through the roof and you'll be able to add it onto your car later.

On the other hand, if Tesla just keeps promising and hasn't delivered by the time you're ready to sell your car or it comes off lease, you still have some money in Tesla stock you can cash in.

I've never owned a share of stock in my life, but this actually makes a lot of sense.

The only reason to want FSD is if you believe that Tesla will succeed in self-driving. If you already believe that, then buying shares in Tesla is a sure bet.

On the other hand, if you think Tesla is going to tank 1. Why are you even on this forum? And 2. Why would you want to prepay for FSD?

Reactions: Big Earl
While all features of FSD are not available, it should be priced low. As soon as all the features work as promised, the price should go higher. And stay there. But then again, if people can't afford it or find value in it. They won't buy it.
I bought Autopilot and don't use it much.
Sometimes I question if I should of bought it. But that's just me.

It;s now 6K for FSD on my '17X which has EAP....it's a joke! There is nothing I am currently missing with EAP.
Also makes no sense it is the same price as for people who have just AP.

I also have EAP and don't know what I get if I buy FSD. Just the ability for the car to actually drive on the road without me in it?

I still say: Take whatever you think FSD is worth, $5K? Put it into Tesla stock now and wait. If Tesla actually releases a real FSD system to the public that actually works, the stock price will go through the roof and you'll be able to add it onto your car later.

On the other hand, if Tesla just keeps promising and hasn't delivered by the time you're ready to sell your car or it comes off lease, you still have some money in Tesla stock you can cash in.

Sound reasoning, right there!

I also have EAP and don't know what I get if I buy FSD. Just the ability for the car to actually drive on the road without me in it?
I have EAP too. 6k for vaporwear makes no sense at this point. $2k for a computer upgrade WHEN the features are working and available will catch my attention. Until then I will continue to enjoy EAP. 90% of my driving is on the freeway anyway.
Tesla has a tendency of burning early adopters. At this point it would be shame on me.

So what I am missing (on my EAP car) for 6k is:

Coming later this year:
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.
  • new FSD computer from AP2.0?
BUT if I read my account option to upgrade it simply states:
Full Self-Driving Capability All you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go and your Tesla will figure out the optimal route.

That is quite vague!

Why do I get the sense Tesla is very confident on the future capabilities of FSD especially compared to other automakers.
If true, they will have many buyers willing to pay a premium if it's finally clear to the analysts they are the industry leaders by a wide margin.
That's a very big "if" though. We will know once "city" driving is ready but I doubt I'll into Boston to try it out. On secondary roads in the suburbs sure but a major city, nope.

• Funny
Reactions: hcdavis3
Why do I get the sense Tesla is very confident on the future capabilities of FSD especially compared to other automakers.
If true, they will have many buyers willing to pay a premium if it's finally clear to the analysts they are the industry leaders by a wide margin.
That's a very big "if" though. We will know once "city" driving is ready but I doubt I'll into Boston to try it out. On secondary roads in the suburbs sure but a major city, nope.

If EAP is any pre cursor. It can’t even handle lane changes in traffic and still reads cracks in the road as lines. I keep reporting it as a bug but it’s been over 6 months.

Reactions: MattUNI and Msjulie
If EAP is any pre cursor. It can’t even handle lane changes in traffic and still reads cracks in the road as lines. I keep reporting it as a bug but it’s been over 6 months.

Given the advancements in computing power from HW2.5 and HW3, coupled with the nature of machine learning, I don't think it's impossible we'll see exponential improvements in performance over the next year.

Bug reports using the car’s voice command get time stamped and stored on your car to assist your service center in diagnosing vehicle issues. They do not get sent to the Tesla mothership and they will not improve how Autopilot behaves.

• Disagree
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Where are the features of both Autopilot and FSD listed?

Looking for an accurate list.

The current features are on Teslas webpage when you order a car:
AC725166-1304-4D43-BBED-87F9CD2BD558.jpeg

It gets a bit murkier when talking about old packages such as EAP and the old FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller