Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD on Streets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking a kid to her practice in MY yesterday, she notices the steering wheel icon showing up on screen while we are on a surface street. I clicked the gear stalk twice and lo and behold, MY was in FSD.

NOTE - If you got bad roads just remember FSD cannot see potholes.

Reactions: mark95476
Taking a kid to her practice in MY yesterday, she notices the steering wheel icon showing up on screen while we are on a surface street. I clicked the gear stalk twice and lo and behold, MY was in FSD.

This is not full FSD. It's regular Autopilot on city streets, which the system has been capable of doing for quite some time. It will behave like Autopilot on the highway, keeping your lane, changing lanes when you ask it to (if enabled), automatically stopping for traffic signals (if enabled) and maintaining distance from the vehicle in front of you. It will not make at intersections or take you around traffic circles the way full self-driving will (currently being released to beta testers).

Nice! It's a game changer for sure. :)

Don't worry about what features are in autopilot, enhanced autopilot, or FSD. I've got FSD, just like you, and just refer to it as autopilot. Call it whatever you want.

I really like the chime when the light goes green as I've found myself looking at the phone or my display too often.

I think Elon said they're going to have pothole detection and avoidance in the future.

Reactions: DanCar
Yeah, that terminology is a little confusing for a 50 yo with his first EV ever :D

That green light chime RCOKS. Kids love that they don't have to keep looking at the light to remind dad to go!!

Nice! It's a game changer for sure. :)

Don't worry about what features are in autopilot, enhanced autopilot, or FSD. I've got FSD, just like you, and just refer to it as autopilot. Call it whatever you want.

I really like the chime when the light goes green as I've found myself looking at the phone or my display too often.

I think Elon said they're going to have pothole detection and avoidance in the future.