Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD or ‘95+ driving’

Suppose that you had to choose between no FSD and driving for a 95+ safety score (cost aside)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$10k is too much money to spend for a lottery ticket to drive beta software.

If just getting the score was all I needed to do, I wouldnot complain. Paying $10k to have to jump through hoops an maybe get access to beta software? That doesn’t track for me.

If I’d already paid for FSD, I’d work to get the 95+ score.

now i see an ambiguity in my question. I meant opt 2 = in order to KEEP the FSD software, you had to keep your safety score above 95. And I get that some may drive that way anyway. My wife does. But I think I’m probably 80 if I’m not making the effort.

Neither!

I bought the rights to use Tesla's FSD software in MY 1Q2021 and the product license did not contain a reference to a "Driving Score" pre-condition that I had to pass for use. This "Driving Score" calculation was created by Tesla and its' determination of selected metrics and minimums is mostly suited toward setting their insurance rates, just like other auto insurance companies have done for their consumers who choose this monitoring. Tesla has decided to use this same "Driving Score" software as a means to provide their FSD developers with a way to select a limited class of drivers for testing new releases of FSD under the scrutiny of government agencies, Congressional representatives and Tesla's liability lawyers.

I do agree that Tesla can and does release software/firmware product upgrades at their discretion and I could be driving with the original version of FSD that was delivered with MY in 1Q2021 for many years. That is something I fully accept, but it will factor into my purchasing consideration of my next EV.

I would be curious to know what 'Safety Score' my current FSD version would get !!! Certainly not a 100%

The 'Safety Score' should not be associated with the car but with each driver in the case of multi drivers driving the same car, or when using a Valet driver.

The 'Safety Score' should be disabled when driving on private roads or on a race track.

Reactions: KurtSanders
I would be curious to know what 'Safety Score' my current FSD version would get !!! Certainly not a 100%

The 'Safety Score' should not be associated with the car but with each driver in the case of multi drivers driving the same car, or when using a Valet driver.

The 'Safety Score' should be disabled when driving on private roads or on a race track.
I agree!

The Tesla Safety Score application is designed for adjusting Tesla's insurance rates. IMHO, it is not robust enough for all the valid reasons (as you mentioned) that one would get a lower score but still be a "good driver".

I'm betting that Elon wants the FSD community to "believe" that Tesla will release the latest FSD beta to those with a "long standing perfect score" to placate the masses. Problem is, one blemish on one drive and you are sent to the back of the line, aka Tesla FSD Squid Games.