Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price is going up... to WHAT PRICE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember when it went to $8k for a little while and then it magically went back to $6k. I wonder what the take rate is on FSD anyway? Any stats published anywhere? Now that basic AP is included with the car I bet the take rate for FSD is 30% or less at the moment.

When buying new it was always $8K where it comprised of $5K for EAP, and $3K for FSD.

Then they decided to have a basic AP as part of the vehicle, and then they made FSD (which incorporated the features that used to be in EAP) $5K. Then that went to $6K without anything to show for it.

For existing owners the upgrade charge has always been all over the place.

As to the take rate that's a good question.

It used to be REALLY low like well below 30%.

But, the take rate for EAP was pretty high. Then when they changed things up they made it fairly cheap to upgrade from EAP to FSD. I think it was even briefly discounted to $2K if I'm remembering right.

So that may have pushed FSD to 30% that you estimate.

When buying new it was always $8K where it comprised of $5K for EAP, and $3K for FSD.

Then they decided to have a basic AP as part of the vehicle, and then they made FSD (which incorporated the features that used to be in EAP) $5K. Then that went to $6K without anything to show for it.

For existing owners the upgrade charge has always been all over the place.

As to the take rate that's a good question.

It used to be REALLY low like well below 30%.

But, the take rate for EAP was pretty high. Then when they changed things up they made it fairly cheap to upgrade from EAP to FSD. I think it was even briefly discounted to $2K if I'm remembering right.

So that may have pushed FSD to 30% that you estimate.

Gotcha, but I remember they jacked it up to $8k just for FSD, instead of $6k. This was post EAP time when AP was standard in the price of the car.. It was only like for a week or so and then it went back $6k. Probably an error or something, who knows. I am holding out until I see some real progress.

Also, we humans are so much better in anticipating the situation. How many times have you encountered that the car slammed on the brake while on autopilot, because another car was crossing the street like 100 meters away - even if this was totally unnecessary because the car would have been long gone when you came to the location where the car crossed the street? We humans anticipate in these situations.

I agree, with the caveat of "some" humans.. this past Friday I'm trying to figure out how to get the attention of the 'driver' behind me before he hits me because I can see in my mirror he's looking at his phone and we're in 3 lanes of stop and go traffic. Ugh.. it's time like this I wish I had a loud rear-facing horn with lights or something.. PAY ATTENTION!

Cheers

Reactions: Phlier
EAP had a good feature mix and therefore was a solid buy of tech you get now that's useful. With the latest change most of that useful tech is standard so the 6k nets you AP on Nav, auto lane changes and hope. If city driving worked then I would be in on FSC but for now Ill hold out. I am also confident that since its only software, given that new cars all have HW3, that there will be flash sales as its a good way to get capital for Tesla.