Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP -> FSD Price after Sept 5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess would be $6k, $7.5k, or $9k. But that’s why I’m asking to see if anyone actually knows.
Debating whether to pony up for it now…
Pony up for what, EAP or the FSD upgrade? The EAP > FSD upgrade price has always been the difference in cost between the two options, as far as I can remember, so if EAP doesn't increase, the FSD upgrade should go up to $9k when the price increases.

No word on whether the price of the FSD subscription will increase too -- it didn't for the last FSD price increase.

Planning to add EAP to my order before 9/5 as I'm debating whether I want it. If after 9/5, there is no price increase, I can always remove it I think. Isn't there also a 48 hour refund window for current owners? Maybe purchase on 9/4 in case of price jump and you can refund afterwards if you regret it.

Here’s what Tesla told me. (Still skeptical)
FSD upgrade from EAP price is the current FSD price - EAP price paid.
So now 6,000 and 9,000 after price increase to 15,000. No answer if EAP goes up on 9/5.
Frustrating with Tax Credit looming. Considering dropping to EAP on my MY order to get below 80,000. Still not sure if FSD counts towards 80,000. Tesla says yes. (Also skeptical)

Frustrating with Tax Credit looming. Considering dropping to EAP on my MY order to get below 80,000. Still not sure if FSD counts towards 80,000. Tesla says yes. (Also skeptical)
I think it does. Here is what the bill says:

(11) Manufacturer's suggested retail price limitation.--
``(A) In general.--No credit shall be allowed under
subsection (a) for a vehicle with a manufacturer's suggested
retail price in excess of the applicable limitation.

There is no mention of a base price like some other tax credits. But hopefully the IRS will issue additional guidance soon.

The price increases for FSD are, according to @Elon, for the increased feature set being added to FSD.

Why would Tesla increase the price of EAP if the feature set isn’t being substantially added to it? Other than another money grab it doesn’t follow suit!

Why would Tesla increase the price of EAP if the feature set isn’t being substantially added to it? Other than another money grab it doesn’t follow suit!
Because inflationary pressures exist on all companies. The cost of goods and services is rising everywhere.

Before you say "but it's software, intangible and therefore shouldn't increase in cost", I'll remind you of the infrastructure and manpower (wages, benefits) required to develop software.

Any new information on the cost of upgrading from EAP to FSD, post 9/5? We know that EAP is $6K, FSD is $15K, if a vehicle has EAP and wants to purchase FSD (not subscription), how much is it?

Bonus question: I presume, like FSD, EAP can be purchased after delivery at any time? Is it $6K out the door or is there sales tax?

Thanks.