Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only issue with FSD? You cannot predict when it will do the craziest things. After getting it right many times in a row, you may find it doing it wrong the next time. Yikes, that’s what you’re supervising. But it takes most stress off driving. As long as you know your route, stop it before it does illegal or dangerous stuff, keep it in track, and take over when it can’t do the stuff safely. Tesla told us it’s beta. Tesla warns it can do the craziest things at the worst time. Tesla tells you you are responsible for your driving the car; FSD or no FSD. So I guess we know the risk. We bear our responsibilities. We are not complaining. Comments are meant to help Tesla get it right.
Glad to finally see some improvement in FSD Beta With V 11.3.4. Beta users deserve some credit too as do the Tesla developers.
TESLA NEED TO STATE THAT ‘FSD WITH HUMAN SUPERVISION IS SAFER THAN HUMAN DRIVING ALONE WITHOUT FSD’. THAT WILL BE A TRUTH.

Absolutely safer in cities with FSD. But I just cancelled my subscription and now have 2023.6.11 which I assume is AP in V11 upgraded version. It has some new features: steering wheel heater now has an AUTO setting and will track cabin temperature setting like seats. AP is definitely safer on highways than are humans. I wish Tesla would offer a sub of EAP for $99/month. I don't care about Summon or AutoPark but would like to have AutoLaneChange and NavOnAP. Anyone else on 2023.6.11 alone?

Latest FSD beta is dangerous on MD Rt 20. It’s a two lane road with marked pass on the shoulder striping. Intended to let cars pass a car making a left turn. FSD takes the shoulder “lane” every time even with no car making left turn. Dangerous unexpected swerve. Yikes!!

Latest FSD beta is dangerous on MD Rt 20. It’s a two lane road with marked pass on the shoulder striping. Intended to let cars pass a car making a left turn. FSD takes the shoulder “lane” every time even with no car making left turn. Dangerous unexpected swerve. Yikes!!
Disengage and report via voice what's happening. Then in the future, disengage before the pass lane to avoid the behavior and test again on the next version.

If it does it every time, then it's no longer 'unexpected' so pretty simple to deal with.

There are locations where FSDb has been doing this on me for a long time. Except, sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. And, just when you think a new version has 'fixed' it, you get surprised.

Give me a repeatable error any day.

In the effort of safety, the software disables itself after 5 dings.

I am proposing that it is in fact less safe. I found myself NOT engaging FSD (for risk of losing it) when I want to text or any actions it would ding me for. How is that safer? I’m not alone here.

At least with FSD engaged, while texting, the car is your eyes and mechanics for a few seconds. KEEPING YOU SAFE. That’s what makes this car wonderful.

In the effort of safety, the software disables itself after 5 dings.

I am proposing that it is in fact less safe. I found myself NOT engaging FSD (for risk of losing it) when I want to text or any actions it would ding me for. How is that safer? I’m not alone here.

At least with FSD engaged, while texting, the car is your eyes and mechanics for a few seconds. KEEPING YOU SAFE. That’s what makes this car wonderful.
Let's say that Tesla condones texting while FSD is active. What happens when you're texting and FSD fails to handle a traffic situation correctly? The car gets into an accident and you decide to sue Tesla because their car caused an accident while you were operating it according to Tesla's guidelines.

That's why Tesla won't knowingly let you text and drive; FSD is a Level 2 Autonomy system. Doing anything other than monitoring the situation around you is reserved for Level 3 autonomy and higher. That's when you'll be able to text because you won't be the driver.

Reactions: Dewg