Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fukuta supply role to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Fukuta shipping AC induction motors - to Tesla Motors - most of the small motors would be DC motors - which are the kid of electric motors you find in most cars. The AC induction runs on alternating current - I suspect it gets more power this way.

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This is a bill of lading or shipping invoice , it shows Fukuta as the supplier of AC induction motors to Tesla Motors - 2015
You are confusing an AC induction electric "servo motor" which could be used for things like the power lift gate or power windows with the AC induction drivetrain motor (the much much larger motor at the rear of the car) which is used to move the car down the road.
Those are two very different motors. I am glad that you posted that document because now you can understand why you have been making clearly erroneous statements. Thank you.

Last edited:
Are you kidding. The bill of lading /customs document clearly says AC Induction servo motor - AC induction motors are drive motor- AC for alternating current. The other small motors in a Tesla are DC motors which are the kind of small motors you find in lots of cars. Read the document 11000 lbs of AC Induction Servo motors-

Avenger, why don;t you simply take the factory tour at Tesla and you can see for yourself?

I just had a thought, might Avenger be right and wrong at the same time? Could motors from Fukata been used for the Smart ED? Where were the Smart EV's assembled?

Gene,
Equity research is what I do.

Yes, I am overly fascinated with Tesla Motors fan who cannot see the evidence for themselves. AC induction motors are not used for Windshield wiper motors or air conditioning.

One day your Tesla Motors fever will pass and you will see I was right.

Look up the story of Sir Issac Newton and the South Sea Bubble and if a genius like Newton can be drawn into a Bubble anyone can be.

Regards

I'm not going to read the whole thread, but could these be the smaller front motor? I have no doubt Tesla is building (and rebuilding ) AC motors, but that doesn't preclude buying motors too. If they can buy a good motor, why not? They originally intended to buy the main motor.

I have no reason to believe Avenger isn't showing a real document. It is hardly scandalous.

The hatch and windows probably run off the car's DC system but steering could run off the main AC battery as it is a drive-critical function. Also Tesla designs and builds their production lines, which probably use a lot of servo motors as well as robots.

As for seeing the evidence for oneself, I and others here have, and have posted such. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Are you kidding. The bill of lading /customs document clearly says AC Induction servo motor - AC induction motors are drive motor- AC for alternating current. The other small motors in a Tesla are DC motors which are the kind of small motors you find in lots of cars. Read the document 11000 lbs of AC Induction Servo motors-

Who cares? Tesla could get their motors from Apple and it would make no difference to me.

So what if it was the case that Tesla were buying complete deive unit motors from a supplier (contradicted in reality by the fact they wind their own motors in Fremont)? Why is this more or less important than the fact that Panasonic makes the battery cells, Bosch the wipers and suspension, Brembo the brakes etc etc.?

cebb09f80efe5beb7478be8ed3249c58.jpg

Supplier choice goes to quality of an automobile and expected life of vehicle. Why do people get excited about a Porsche engine and transmission in their VW Passat (may be not the best example).

If you want to build the very best EV ever you find the high end electric motor manufacturer and a company that has been in business for decades.

Every auto manufacturer is essentially an integrator of products from multiple companies. Historically ICE manufacturers had their own motor works because this was the most important component of their car.

I believe the Norway engine failures and all the complaints about motors failing tell you about the poor decision making that happens at Tesla Motors. Tesla Motors is valued at $30 Billion and they can't launch their own motor works or select a supplier comparable to Panasonic for batteries.

Regards.

Supplier choice goes to quality of an automobile and expected life of vehicle. Why do people get excited about a Porsche engine and transmission in their VW Passat (may be not the best example).

If you want to build the very best EV ever you find the high end electric motor manufacturer and a company that has been in business for decades.

Every auto manufacturer is essentially an integrator of products from multiple companies. Historically ICE manufacturers had their own motor works because this was the most important component of their car.

I believe the Norway engine failures and all the complaints about motors failing tell you about the poor decision making that happens at Tesla Motors. Tesla Motors is valued at $30 Billion and they can't launch their own motor works or select a supplier comparable to Panasonic for batteries.

Regards.

Please answer yes or no: Do you suggest that the multiple people on this thread who claim first hand knowledge of the fact that Tesla build their own motors at Fremont (winding, assembly etc) are lying?

Oh and yeah: Regards.

Tesla Motors reassemble a small quantity of motors - motors that are completely built by Fukuta. Yes, I suspect that Elon is lying and has fooled lots of people. Why would there be a customs document showing that Fukuta is the supplier of AC Induction motors to Tesla Motors (11000 lbs of motors)???

As the customs invoice show, the AC Induction motor that drives the Model S and Model X is design/built by Fukuta
Fukuta-Induction Motor.PNG

Source of customs data: fukuta Suppliers And List (Page 1)
Main web page:Find trade companies, Easy to search and vertify!

Last edited:

Those are soon hefty accusations but I guess your entitled to your own opinion, however not your own facts.

Associated question: what's so bad about Fukuta anyway? They're obviously an important supplier for Tesla, regardless of how large a percentage of the parts that make up the motor they supply, and regardless of how much/little these parts are pre assembled or not.

Do you have some information regarding the company Fukuta that is important somehow to Tesla investors?

Tesla Motors reassemble a small quantity of motors - motors that are completely built by Fukuta. Yes, I suspect that Elon is lying and has fooled lots of people. Why would there be a customs document showing that Fukuta is the supplier of AC Induction motors to Tesla Motors (11000 lbs of motors)???

As the customs invoice show, the AC Induction motor that drives the Model S and Model X is design/built by FukutaView attachment 100883

Source of customs data: fukuta Suppliers And List (Page 1)
Main web page:Find trade companies, Easy to search and vertify!

This is for SERVO MOTORS. i.e. window actuators/regulators, HVAC baffle/flap motors, front air damn flap motors, and etc. There are a lot of little electric motors on the Model S. This document doesn't prove anything. I can't think of anyone who would describe the drive unit motor as a servo motor.

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servomotor

That said Fukuta does make large servo motors. They look very useful for a manufacturing plant.

Last edited:
As the customs invoice show, the AC Induction motor that drives the Model S and Model X is design/built by FukutaView attachment 100883

Lolololol... that's an order for servos. http://www.seattlerobotics.org/guide/servos.html These are tiny motors:
A Servo is a small device that has an output shaft. This shaft can be positioned to specific angular positions by sending the servo a coded signal. As long as the coded signal exists on the input line, the servo will maintain the angular position of the shaft.

No you don't use an AC induction motor for windows/HVAC - you are wrong.

The fact that the motor is made by small Taiwan supplier must not be pleasing because Tesla drivers are using some tortured logic to disproved customs information.

So is the battery in my i-Phone. Who cares?

No you don't use an AC induction motor for windows/HVAC - you are wrong.

The fact that the motor is made by small Taiwan supplier must not be pleasing because Tesla drivers are using some tortured logic to disproved customs information.

You're the one with the tortured logic. The customs information states "Ac Induction SERVO Motor". You don't use a servo motor to power drive wheels on a car, you use it for precise movement and positioning of something, e.g. steering or manufacturing line equipment. You've already shown the Fukuta catalog page with their servo motors, which are clearly different from their EV and hybrid motors.

Tesla has one of the highest insourcing ratios of any car maker, even to the point of now making the Model X seats in-house. They make their own drive motors as well, at least for the Model S and X.

The weight (5,132 kgs) is far too small to be for a reasonable quantity of production drive-unit motors. Perhaps Tesla was using Fukata gear in Model X mules' front drive train while Tesla was developing the FWD motor?

In any case, I think this Fukata discussion has (more than) run its course. Let's wrap it up.

Avenger - once again if it is not clear to you, 'servo motors' are for a completely different function than moving heavy objects like an automobile or a crane. It is for accomplishing precision movements like in robotic arms and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.