Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Drive In Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the differences between the US FSD and Aus FSD
They are chalk and cheese. All the videos you see of FSD in USA and Canada bear no relevance to the rest of the world right now.

What Tesla sells as "FSD" in Australia right now gives you all the same features as Enhanced Autopilot, except it will also stop at stop signs and traffic lights.
It will even stop at "green" traffic lights, unless it's following another car.

The cars in the USA/Canada are running different software for FSD (and recently also for highway Autopilot) and there's no timeline for that software coming to Australia. They pay USD$15,000 (AUD$22,500) for that software, not the $10,100 it costs here.

Reactions: Power Hungry
The australia features of enhanced autopilot and FSD are clearly explained on the order page. There is no more than what is listed. Model 3 and Y both have the same available features.

Full Self-Driving Capability​

$10,100

1. All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
  2. Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

Upcoming:​

1. Autosteer on city streets
Yes, I'd read that but after watching countless US videos featuring FSD, I wondered just how far off we were.

When using autopilot driving on the highway or motorway u have to learn and change the way you drive.This is only a suggestion but it works well for me reducing the stress levels

When driving i always have my foot resting on the accelerator pedal…if i feel any sudden or unexpected braking i respond immediately by lightly touching the accelerator this action will automatically cancel the sudden braking@it minimizes the risk of being rear ended by cars following close behind you