Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fully Charged Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested to know what people think of Fully Charged on YouTube. For some reason their average views for videos seems to have dropped right down. They were regularly getting over 100k and recently a lot of their videos are floating around 40k views.

For me, I've watched it from the beginning, it's the reason I went electric with my old Leaf. The quality of the output is higher now than ever so I'm curious why it doesn't seem to be doing as well as before. Could it be there are just so many other channels talking about EVs these days? Or maybe just the YouTube algorithm?

I used to love it, can't stand it now, there are far better channels to watch.

They are trying too much to be like BBC content, and that's just not what everyone wants these days. I gave up on that recent video with Helen talking about Lithium as it seeemed to just be slo-mo pictures of her ankles. Car reviews are entirely positive, and they regularly get their facts wrong.

Reactions: Yev000 and browellm
I often watch the shows when I was researching EVs still occasionally view them. Although recently I have questioned the knowledge of Robert, in the last last show I watched they took a polestar 2 LR and M3 LR on a road trip and Robert mentioned that he couldn't use one pedal driving in his Model 3 like the polestar2. He has driven his Tesla for 40K+ miles and hadn't realised there's a setting that enables one pedal driving...WTF!o_O

Reactions: Yev000 and browellm
The production values are high, they are trying to be a proper car show , but if you just want to find out about the cars you will get the same info from Matt Watson in half the time.
I don't watch that much but Rob is obviously an EV disciple. so he can be a bit preachy and maybe not objective enough. Not everyone wants that.

I often watch the shows when I was researching EVs still occasionally view them. Although recently I have questioned the knowledge of Robert, in the last last show I watched they took a polestar 2 LR and M3 LR on a road trip and Robert mentioned that he couldn't use one pedal driving in his Model 3 like the polestar2. He has driven his Tesla for 40K+ miles and hadn't realised there's a setting that enables one pedal driving...WTF!o_O
My wife has been driving her car for over 3 years and has only realised her side mirrors are electronic since I started driving it. She's been leaning over and moving manually prior to this!

• Funny
Reactions: Bantam
It’s never been the same since Jonny Smith went to his own channel (that I prefer). They were a good combination and Jonny kept Robert on track with regard to any requirements for accurate information. The simpler hand-made feel of the early stuff suited the content better. I feel they may be angling to be picked up by a mainstream broadcast channel with their high production values and unnecessary padding.

A great attraction of YouTube is that you can get relatively short and to the point informational stuff without having the fluff. I still follow Fully Charged despite these reservations but the changes are not for the better in my view.

I’ve watched the FC stuff for years, and found it very useful in the early years in learning about EVs before I had one myself. Robert can be a bit Marmite, and does witter on sometimes. I must say I prefer the better FC production values than, say, Bjorn’s output.

That said, I’ve probably not watched a FC video in its entirety for months and months.

Reactions: adsheff
I was looking for some good comparative data on new models, being under the impression that they had a good data driven review policy - and ended up being disappointed. They seem to be offering 'entertainment', that is not what I go to youtube for.

I've only watched a few FC videos.. admittedly when I had the i3 and before I got the Model 3 it was pretty much the only channel I knew about. The videos I did watch, the ones about Rob's Powerwall install, and a Rolec one, sortof felt more like "look at the awesome setup I've got" rather than an indepth review of the items in question.

I haven't watched anything on FC for a while.. it hasn't really been on my radar and I've found more compelling, to the point content since.

A lot of You Tube channels have seen a drop in views recently. Partly because lockdown helped to boost the figures and partly because it's getting over-saturated IMO.

I don't think FC helped themsleves by launching their second channel and too many presenters and subjects is also counter productive if you want to build subs and views.

• Informative
Reactions: adsheff
I would agree with a lot of the comments about content - eg when Johnny left, more TV-like content etc. However, the strange thing is the viewing figures didn't drop off then, they remained fairly consistent and just seem to have fallen very recently. If you look at about a year ago for example - the episodes are all of similar style to those at the moment, but a lot of them are getting into the hundreds of thousands